1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster Muffler Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by zacharypaul89, May 26, 2014.

1. May 26, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 [OP] Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    I've been researching the differences between all the different Flowmaster mufflers and I've found a very good, detailed comparison guide. I was looking at the different threads and everyone's opinion was subjective as to how everything sounded and the videos on YouTube don't do much for me. Anyway, without further adieu, here's the Flowmaster Muffler Comparison Guide via AutoAnything.com:

[​IMG]

Super 50 Series - Mild:
    This is the perfect daily driver muffler. The Super 50 Series is tougher sounding at idle and noticeably louder than your ride’s stock exhaust when you stomp on the gas. But don’t worry about excessive noise—while these mufflers sound incredible, they still allow you to have conversations with your passengers. Perfectly aligned plates, known as “baffles” cancel unwanted sound frequency, and let the classic Flowmaster tone shine through. Best of all, Super 50 mufflers keep interior resonance to a bare minimum, for a smooth, performance tone, at any speed.

[​IMG]

50 Series Delta Flow - Mild:
    Looking for a performance growl without a scowl from your neighbors? Well, look no further than 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers. Think of it as a Super 50 Series, but with a bad attitude. 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers have a finely-tuned baffle design that’s sure to give your ride a classic “muscle car” tone, without driving you nuts on the highway.

[​IMG]

Pro Series - Moderate:
    The Pro Series muffler stands apart from the rest of Flowmaster’s herd with a new, laminar-flow design. Picture two mesh cones, touching tip to tip—that’s all there is to them. There are no baffles to restrict flow, or fiberglass packing to blow out over time. This gives the Pro Series muffler a bass-filled exhaust tone that never changes. Best of all, this muffler has the same volume as the 50 Series Delta Flow, but with a stronger, deeper rumble.

[​IMG]

40 Series Delta Flow – Aggressive:
    The 40 Series Delta Flow muffler cranks out an aggressive tone that’s slightly louder than Pro Series mufflers and features the same, low interior resonance. Essentially, Flowmaster took their original 40 Series muffler design and made it more “street-able”, by adding “Delta Flow”, noise-cancelling baffles.

[​IMG]

Super 40 – Aggressive:
    Get down-n-dirty with the bass-filled Super 40 Series. This muffler has an all-out aggressive sound that’s reminiscent of a 40 Series Delta Flow muffler, but with a deeper, meaner undertone. Luckily, sound volume and interior resonance remains the same. This makes the Super 40 Series perfect for giving your street machine a muscular attitude without being overly-loud.

[​IMG]

40 Series – Aggressive:
    This is the standard that all chambered mufflers are compared to. The 40 Series is the original Flowmaster muffler and a benchmark for classic muscle car tone. It sounds as mean as sin, turns heads like a supermodel and numbs your brain with interior resonance. Basically, they embody everything a muscle car should sound like.

[​IMG]

Super 44 – Aggressive:
    Want a sound that says, “Get out of my way”? If so, the Super 44 series is your ticket to the open road. This beastly muffler adds the deepest, richest, Flowmaster tone possible. Simply tap the gas pedal and watch jaws drop. There’s no doubt about it, the beefy tone of this series is sure to draw crowds.

[​IMG]

Super 10 – Aggressive:
    Don’t let their small size fool you, Flowmaster Super 10 mufflers spit & snarl the wildest performance tone imaginable. These puppies are built for power and funnel maximum exhaust flow away from your ride’s raging engine. Super 10 mufflers are perfect for all-out performance and keeping noise-levels legal at the track. But beware—Super 10’s are too noisy for most street applications.

2. May 26, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Nice breakdown.....there's a lot of flowmaster haters here but I really like mine. I had the 50 and sounded like the TRD exhaust but 3x cheaper and now have the super 44. It's not very loud either. Nice low growl but quiet at higher speeds. These trucks won't magically sound like a 500hp V8.

3. May 26, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 [OP] Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    Exactly. People think because they put a 40 Series on their truck, it's supposed to sound like a Chevy 350 V8 and when it doesn't, they simply say, "Flowmaster blows."

I'm trying to decide between the 40, Super 40, and the Super 44

4. Jun 8, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    Smiley52

Smiley52 Insta: @Sm1ley52

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 4x4
    So if I string them all together, can I get it to sound like a 800 horsepower 68 camaro?

JK!
    For real though, I think I'm gonna end up with some headers and straght pipes, which my buddy had on his 05 and it sounded pretty good imo.

5. Jun 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM
    Spruced UP

Spruced UP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB PreRunner TRD Sport, Spruce Mica
    I had a pair of 2-chamber Flowmasters on my '91 5.0L Mustang, back in the day. I loved the sound of those things!

Products Discussed in

To Top