Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust ?????

Old 10-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust ?????

I want to put an exhaust on but for now i just want to put a weld on tip at the end so it will give it a good look where can i find a good weld on tip. Also when i get an exhaust i dont want to bebale to hear it to much when im cruising say down the freeway. What is a Good system that will do that for me
Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
lots of answers for this question. i like my flowmaster original 40 alot!! others like their magnaflow, borla, trd, urd,spintech,etc. just depends on what sound you want. my flowmaster has a deep rumbly-growl to it. you can barely even tell its there when you are on the interstate.............but when you step on it, everyone knows its there. here is a soundclip.........

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF1124.flv

as far as a weld on tip......try summitracing.com or autoanything.com, or jegs.com(just to name a few!!). hope this helps!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if u dont wanna hear it while highway driving, dont get a magnaflow catback system....i know from experience...
Old 10-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my TRD cat back last night. Not to loud at hiway speeds and the install was 30 minutes in my driveway.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
I just installed my TRD cat back last night. Not to loud at hiway speeds and the install was 30 minutes in my driveway.
How's the power gains?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #6

Im interested in Gibson, and TRD but for now om going with a weld on tip but cant seem to find the right one.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHDEVIL View Post
Im interested in Gibson, and TRD but for now om going with a weld on tip but cant seem to find the right one.
what style of tip are you looking for irish???
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

down here people sell weld on tips at advanced auto or autozone...
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #9
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want to put an exhaust on but for now i just want to put a weld on tip at the end so it will give it a good look where can i find a good weld on tip. Also when i get an exhaust i dont want to bebale to hear it to much when im cruising say down the freeway. What is a Good system that will do that for me

if its an access cab or a double cab short bed. look for a stock XR exhaust. it has a nice little tone to it ( not loud, but different than the otehr tacomas) and has a nice chrome tip on it. Im sure there are people out there willing to part with one for cheap. I have mine hanging in the garage with 500 miles on it.

Its mandrel bent as well

Just a thought, JBA makes a nice setup as well

My URD is loud, but i love it

Justin
Old 10-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #10

im looking for one that isnt so big that it stands out like a sore thumb. One that looks kind like this one from Magnaflow just cheaper

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=745

just something suttle
Old 10-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #11

Quote:
im looking for one that isnt so big that it stands out like a sore thumb. One that looks kind like this one from Magnaflow just cheaper

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=745

just something suttle
if you have a pepboys or o'reillys close to you, go check with them. ours here in sc happen to have some pretty nice tips for a good price. if that doesnt work out, stop by an exhaust shop and see if they may happen to have one,either new or maybe discarded, that you can take off of their hands. let us know what you find.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #12
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
30 Min huh. How much was the system? Also, was it difficult to install [i.e. what tools, etc.]?

Noticable power gains?

I just got my tacoma and have been looking around at different systems. I like the sound of the flowmaster, but i heard a TRD system the other day and sounded nice.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guns View Post
30 Min huh. How much was the system? Also, was it difficult to install [i.e. what tools, etc.]?

Noticable power gains?

I just got my tacoma and have been looking around at different systems. I like the sound of the flowmaster, but i heard a TRD system the other day and sounded nice.
I have a guy that works for me that knows the parts manager at the dealership. I got mine for $418. It only has two bolts (15 mm I think) and 4 rubber hangers that don't require any tools to remove/install. All I did was back the trunk up a pair of ramps, push the posts on the exhaust through the rubber blocks and remove the two bolts. It was a little tight getting the exhaust over the rear differential. Then reverse the process. I did it while my wife ran to the grocery store. She doesn't even know I've done it.

I haven't driven it hard enough to notice any difference performance wise yet. I'm sure when I get the time to install the TRD CAI that's been sitting in my garage for the two weeks I'll notice the both of them together.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

i did my install on a flat cement carport w/o any ramps...just got on my back and went to it. the rubber stops are the hardest part of the install. the magnaflow catback comes in pieces, so its a lil more to install.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
Quote:
I have a guy that works for me that knows the parts manager at the dealership. I got mine for $418. It only has two bolts (15 mm I think) and 4 rubber hangers that don't require any tools to remove/install. All I did was back the trunk up a pair of ramps, push the posts on the exhaust through the rubber blocks and remove the two bolts. It was a little tight getting the exhaust over the rear differential. Then reverse the process. I did it while my wife ran to the grocery store. She doesn't even know I've done it.

I haven't driven it hard enough to notice any difference performance wise yet. I'm sure when I get the time to install the TRD CAI that's been sitting in my garage for the two weeks I'll notice the both of them together.
Ah, okay. Well it seems easy enough and i wont have to spend the day at a shop. I think ill give it a try. Thanks a lot. Prob get the CDI at the same time so ill post later about any diff's as well.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guns View Post
Ah, okay. Well it seems easy enough and i wont have to spend the day at a shop. I think ill give it a try. Thanks a lot. Prob get the CDI at the same time so ill post later about any diff's as well.
I put my TRD CAI in last night. It only took an hour. It's way louder than the exhaust. It feels stronger, but it may just feel that way cause it's so loud.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
kystnTRD is on a distinguished road
kystnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to kystnTRD
I have the banks monster exhuast, simple to install, took under an hour on the garage floor, nice deep tone, truck shifts smoother, and a noticable power gain, People have talked shit on this system but whos to really say till they have tried it. The magnaflows i've heard sounded to ricey for my taste. To each his own though.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #18
Yeah i dont care for the magnaflow because of that annoying ricey sound. Hoping to get my exhaust this weekend. Depends on the paycheck
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #19

Has anyone ever done a side out short exhaust were a dual tip comes out before the rear wheels. Im interested in how it sounds and if there is a performance gain as well has cost and how loud it is?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #20
So i was cruising around on youtube earlier and i found a vid of a guy with side exit before the rear tires. It was hard to hear the exhaust cause he was talking the whole time, but form the little bits i got it didnt sound too hot. Maybe it was just his setup. He had a flowmaster super 40 2.5 in 2.5 out w/ 6" tip.

On another note, anyone familiar with the Aero Turbine exhaust? i heard a sound clip and it sounded awesome. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this setup i.e. power wise, cab noise, etc. Any feedback on this would be sweet. Thanks.