Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

transgo shift kit a340 auto trans

Old 07-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow transgo shift kit a340 auto trans

anybody have experience with these things? i want to upgrade my 03's tranny without having to send it off to new jersey. these kits seem like a cheaper alternative. i have a s/c i'd like to install once i get around to rebuilding it and i want my tranny to be able to keep up. thanks guys.

http://www.transgo.com/products.php?...dcountview=Yes

http://www.transgo.com/products.php?...dcountview=Yes
Old 07-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Trans go is well known for doing 99% of the leg work for IPT and many other shops who offer aftermarket valve bodies .
With this said , they are about the best thing you can do for your transmission along with anything additional from Sonnax .
I have some info here .http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...smissions.html
Old 07-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks thats a ton of info! so why does everybody say to send off the valve body to some toyota tranny shop in new jersey when this kit exhists and why does nobody talk about this kit? lastly, which transgo kit would u recommend for a prerunner that sometimes hauls a trailer and eventually will get supercharged?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:04 AM   #4
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The trans-go shift kit is fully adjustable according to your needs . You are the guy thats going to be beefing up the valve body and can make the proper/adjustable upgrades to what you beleive will make the transmission perform better . These adjustments can be changed at any time if you wish to change the way the kit functions .
The first kit you linked to is a recalibration kit which is designed to compensate for known issues and design flaws directly from the Aisn Warner factory . A lot of research and development goes into these little kits so dont let anyone tell you they are a waste of time or a handfull of trouble . These kits do exactly what they say and reletively simple to install

The second kit is an actual Shift kit that increases line pressure and allows you to make some hefty accumulator adjustments .

In my opinion , you should be able to get everything you need from the smaller recalibration kit if you include a few extras from Sonnax http://www.sonnax.com/units/329-A340E

I agree with you that members here should be looking at doing their own valve bodies using these kits . It may have to do with the scared factor or possibly peace of mind that they are purchasing something from a well known vendor and it has a warranty .
Not every member is willing to tackle a valve body kit on their own .
Old 07-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

so which parts from sonnax? i'm new to transmissions, so i'll be taking it to a shop when i'm rady to have the shift kit installed. i wanna know also to see if it's cheaper to get the smaller trans go kit and sonnax stuff or simply the HD trans go kit. thanks for your help!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #6

All depends on the mileage on the truck . Your truck is an 03 so I am assuming it has high mileage ?
If you are bringing it to a shop to have a kit installed , they usually have the Sonnax parts sitting on the shelf ready to go and determine what you need according to valve body wear . If your plan is to install the HD kit now in preparation for the supercharger after , you may find the transmission to be fairly aggressive until you get the supercharger built and installed .
I would suggest talking with guys who already have the supercharger installed and feel them out . A lot of guys use IPT but there are others who have the HD kit . This transmission came in the FJ , the Toyota Supra , Tacoma and Tundra as well as many European cars . This should broaden your search
Old 07-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

thanks, my 03 has a hair under 149k miles and i flushed the tranny at 139k when i bought it. so far all the s/c'd 3.4's around here seem to swear by sending off the valve body for work in new jersey. but i'll keep looking and learning. i hope this thread builds some momentum, as i've seen a few threads with a post or two involving this kit, but no thread dedicated to disscussing these trans-go kits. thanks again bud
Old 07-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Sell it and buy a 2nd gen!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
Sell it and buy a 2nd gen!
Stfu Dennis and thanks for the bump