Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What paint/pen should be used for URD Stealth Pulley?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
What paint/pen should be used for URD Stealth Pulley?

I am thinking about putting a URD 2.85 stealth pulley on the SC on my 2013 Taco. When I look at the factory pulley it has a light gray paint or marker is put on the pulley and the stud that it is mounted on (see picture)"

I have found other colors but does anyone know where to get some of the gray that I am dealing with? Any helps is GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks guys/gals,
Ken
Old 07-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Most people dont worry about putting the paint pen mark back on there. Because most people dont take their trucks back to the dealer for service. They like me service the trucks are selfs. The dealer could still tell its not the factory pulley by measuring its diameter.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Most people dont worry about putting the paint pen mark back on there. Because most people dont take their trucks back to the dealer for service. They like me service the trucks are selfs. The dealer could still tell its not the factory pulley by measuring its diameter.
I typically do most of the work on my truck as well, but do take it to the dealership for warranty issues. I know they can tell the difference if they take the time to pull out a mic, but I think they would be a lot less likely to measure the pulley if they saw the paint unless it was a SC related problem. Just my 2 cents.
Ken
Old 07-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
You are giving them a HUGE amount of credit. I've had problems that were directly in front of their faces that required attention but since it wasn't the complaint I brought it in for - Not even mentioned.
I wouldn't worry about it man.

It also adds a layer of deception should any questions arise in the future...If you just make the change and don't say any thing - That's not being overly informative. Try to make the setup look stock again and you are trying to deceive the tech into thinking it's "stock"
Old 07-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
It's torque seal. We use it at work all the time on planes. You should be able to find it online for a few dollars. I would put it on as well since it would defeat the purpose of the stealth pulley if its missing the very thing they put on to tell if it's been removed. Although for any warranty work related to the supercharger, I'd pull that sucker off and put the stock one back on.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
"Senior", Senior Member

keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
You are giving them a HUGE amount of credit. I've had problems that were directly in front of their faces that required attention but since it wasn't the complaint I brought it in for - Not even mentioned.
I wouldn't worry about it man.

It also adds a layer of deception should any questions arise in the future...If you just make the change and don't say any thing - That's not being overly informative. Try to make the setup look stock again and you are trying to deceive the tech into thinking it's "stock"
You make me sound so devious But I do see your point. I could always say that I put it on because the factory pulley had it installed and I figured there was a safety reason it was installed, like the pulley coming loose. Not trying to rip anyone off or anything like that, it is just that the local dealership looks for reasons NOT to cover things under warranty. That is why I paid the extra for the dealership to install the SC (they told me they would not warranty past the 1 year for the SC if I had another shop install).

Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
It's torque seal. We use it at work all the time on planes. You should be able to find it online for a few dollars. I would put it on as well since it would defeat the purpose of the stealth pulley if its missing the very thing they put on to tell if it's been removed. Although for any warranty work related to the supercharger, I'd pull that sucker off and put the stock one back on.
That is exactly what I was thinking. At a quick glance the tech would notice if there were no paint on pulley. If I did take it in for any warranty work involving the SC, I would put the OEM pulley back on, but would need to put some torque seal on otherwise they would want to know why the pulley had been removed.
The torque seal on mine is a grayish color. I was able to find and order some from Hi Line Hardware for $5.41 with free shipping.

Thanks guys for the input and advice.
Ken
Old 07-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has a grayish blue tint to it as well. Not sure if they mixed something with it. I wouldn't be to worry about it once the stock one is back on. Tell them you detailed your engine and it must have come off then. Not having the torque seal is not a reason to deny warranty work
Old 07-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
"Senior", Senior Member

keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine has a grayish blue tint to it as well. Not sure if they mixed something with it. I wouldn't be to worry about it once the stock one is back on. Tell them you detailed your engine and it must have come off then. Not having the torque seal is not a reason to deny warranty work
You are probably right. Maybe I am overthinking this thing, or just paranoid.
Ken
Old 07-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #9
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this
Old 07-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup this.

$3.85 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/F-900-Yellow-T...A1BB0VCE843KZW
Old 07-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #11
"Senior", Senior Member

keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
Amazon didn't have the gray color that they used on my pulley, so I ordered from Hi Line Hardware. Some people say that there pulley was marked with yellow though so it should help them out. Thanks for the link.
Ken

Products Discussed in this Thread