Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

headers and full exhaust

Old 07-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #1
toyotatruck11 is on a distinguished road
toyotatruck11's Tacoma Gallery
headers and full exhaust

Does anyone know if there's anyone that makes a complete kit for a 2014 taco SR5 4X4 with a 4L from the headers to the exhaust tips that gives good gains in low end torque, and sounds loud and deep ( more like a V8 and not a winey V6) I have some JBL headers given to me so I could use them its just I don't heat to much positive about them. Magna flow, MBRP, Flow master are the brands im looking at or do I need to custom make something? I want the deep loud aggressive sound but can I even get that out of a 4L V6?
A Kit with all the parts from the headers complete with everything ( hardware, gaskets, clamps, just bolt it in) would be nice. Does anything exist like that?
Old 07-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #2
wildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wildcats's Tacoma Gallery
I don't believe there is a full kit. This thread shows different NA dyno graphs. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...-w-mods-6.html
Old 07-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
open it up too much and say goodbye to that low end grunt
Old 07-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatruck11 View Post
Does anyone know if there's anyone that makes a complete kit for a 2014 taco SR5 4X4 with a 4L from the headers to the exhaust tips that gives good gains in low end torque, and sounds loud and deep ( more like a V8 and not a winey V6) I have some JBL headers given to me so I could use them its just I don't heat to much positive about them. Magna flow, MBRP, Flow master are the brands im looking at or do I need to custom make something? I want the deep loud aggressive sound but can I even get that out of a 4L V6?
I went with a custom system so I could chose the components. My 4 banger sounds like this with a LCE long tube header a Flowmaster Series 50 Delta flow muffler and a small 2.25" mandrel bent tailpipe so as not to lose the low end torque.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMv-imsBZLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSKp-7XJ2qQ
Old 07-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
URD is the only one I know of going from front to back, but their systems are more optimized for high-end breathing, then low-end scavenging.