URD MAF calibrator 44 32.35%
Unichip Programmer 31 22.79%
APR X-1 Engine controller 52 38.24%
Other, specify 9 6.62%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
clloyd is on a distinguished road
clloyd's Tacoma Gallery
it' what holds the thottle open for a period after letting off the throttle. but what i'm trying to get rid of is the idle raise that happens in neutral coming to a stop. ie going from 1100 rpm's to aprox 1600 rpm's, from 35mph to 5 mph. this is a manual shift x-runner. i am sure this is all emissions related, but it is very annoying.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by clloyd View Post
it' what holds the thottle open for a period after letting off the throttle. but what i'm trying to get rid of is the idle raise that happens in neutral coming to a stop. ie going from 1100 rpm's to aprox 1600 rpm's, from 35mph to 5 mph. this is a manual shift x-runner. i am sure this is all emissions related, but it is very annoying.

Not really sure if I had that issue But, I can assure you the the shift attributes are highly improved by the use of the X-1...

I recently had the latest MAP loaded and it was a noticeable improvement.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #23
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clloyd View Post

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOU!!

and it is annoying as HELL...but idk on how to get rid of it.

if you find out let me know please!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #24
Quadcams is on a distinguished road
Quadcams's Tacoma Gallery
As I am still looking into weather the X-one will work on my Hilux, I dont have one as yet but after looking into the x-one it is my one choice for tuning.
Firstly self tuning on the x-one, best feature, with other piggy backs (unichip etc) you have to get it tuned by a tuner at a cost, add that on to your original purchace price and any other additional tuning for future mods, the x-one doesnt seem that dear now, secondly, piggybacks like the unichips are intercepting the ecu's signals (cutting wires into ecu harness), not completely controlling them like the x-one, therefor the ecu will learn its way around the chip, especially in extreme temp changes as the perimeters in the ecu cannot be adjusted to accomidate the large changes, where the x-one will adjust the ecu accordingly and cater a tune for all weather types.
Lastly ecu's in todays motors are very smart computers, they use hundreds of different perimeters to control the motor, not just fuel and timing, therefor as the x-one can control the whole ecu you will be able to make much more power and consistant/safe power day in day out.
5 years ago we didnt have a complete ecu control with our 5.4 boss modular motors over here, people were using the unichip, then STC brought out the flash tuner, we had endles arguments about the cost and not being any better, now today no one uses the unichip, n/a times with bolton went from 13.2@105 (unichip days) to 12.2@114 (today with flash tuner), same mods everything, only difference being the tuning tool.
1GR motor owners are very lucky to have a tuning device like the x-one spacifically designed for the 1GR, where other cars that have complete euc control tuning tools like HP tuners (GM) and SVT flash tuner (ford) are universal tuning and have to be individually tuned to each car at a cost, where the x-one the tuning works been done, just tell them your setup and away you go, dam impressive piece of gear.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #25
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I know of someone who drives a Prado, and is using an X-1 on his 1GR motor.

Call up David at APR and ask him. he would be able to answer that question for sure.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
I know of someone who drives a Prado, and is using an X-1 on his 1GR motor.

Call up David at APR and ask him. he would be able to answer that question for sure.
Is that on the Australian Prado?
Im actually waiting for delivery of my Hilux, due in 4 weeks, Allan wants to see a photo of my ecu connections to verify if the X-1 will work as he mentioned the Tarcoma changed ecu's in the 09 model. Sofar I have found out from Toyota Aus that the Hilux has had the same ecu since 2005, no changes since the start when they first used the 1GR. So that is a good sign.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #27
Harrison_004 is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
Harrison_004's Tacoma Gallery
where can you buy this x 1 ?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_004 View Post
where can you buy this x 1 ?
There's a few places but heres one.

http://http://www.urdusa.com/
Old 01-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #30
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Cons: Limted to AFR control (no spark control), tuning takes more effort when compared to the X-1. Not plug and play, splicing into factory ECU wiring is required.
In most cases it requires splicing, but you can purchase a wiring harness like i did that requires no splicing
Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #31
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
In most cases it requires splicing, but you can purchase a wiring harness like i did that requires no splicing
That is an option as well. Last I saw the PnP harness was around $300 or so, is that what they are still going for?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #32
chase118 is on a distinguished road
Army: leopard gunner
chase118's Tacoma Gallery
Will the Venom 400 not work with newer tacomas
Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #34
carsalesguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
carsalesguy's Tacoma Gallery
the guys in my parts dept were telling me to get a programmer......but everywhere that they call they are saying they don't make it for the 2010 model?!?!?!

anyone care to shed some light on this?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #35
carsalesguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
carsalesguy's Tacoma Gallery
btw the dodge guys around here run superchips......i'm mainly looking for the MPG Gain
Old 04-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #36
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
The most noticeable MPG gain comes from less right foot, and more controlled driving habits.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #37
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.aprpower.com/ Here is another place....
Old 05-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #38
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
are these chips universal or are they specific to an individual car/engine?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #39
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white knight15 View Post
Does anyone know if the JET CHIPS V-FORCE PLUS PERFORMANCE MODULE would work and how well?
I have the Jet Chip programmer...it sucks ass! About to take it off, you can buy it from me if you want.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #40
Timmy
timofthehill is on a distinguished road
Name: Timmy
timofthehill's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to timofthehill
I have the URD Maf- CAL works ok 50% of the time.. I want to take it out and look into something else thats better but not worth $1500 bucks by the time I get it.