Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

which intake

Old 07-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
Blacktaco2042 is on a distinguished road
Blacktaco2042's Tacoma Gallery
which intake

i wanna get a cai intake but not pick which one i want here are my picks let me know what you think
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vn...a/model/tacoma

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/af...a/model/tacoma

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ai...a/model/tacoma

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vnt-38140/overview/
Old 07-23-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Afe stage 2 si
Old 07-28-2014, 03:53 AM   #3
it says there is a aux air inlet scoop is that a extra part i have to buy or comes with the kit?
Old 07-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #4
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktaco2042 View Post
it says there is a aux air inlet scoop is that a extra part i have to buy or comes with the kit?

The AFE has the inlet incorporated into the housing and they include a cover to close it as well, its in the packaging.

the volant has an additional scoop which costs like another 200 iirc
Old 07-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
The AFE has the inlet incorporated into the housing and they include a cover to close it as well, its in the packaging.

the volant has an additional scoop which costs like another 200 iirc
youd run the afe intake?
Old 07-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #6

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
youd run the afe intake?
yes I do.

Ive had the AFE, stock, and URD.

Ive actually had them twice......... I keep coming back to the AFE
Old 07-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
I run the AFE too and with the Volant scoop modified to fit the AFE intake. It's mostly done for my TRD supercharger I'm in the process of getting very soon.
Attached Thumbnails
which intake-20130714_173154.jpg   which intake-20130714_173126.jpg   which intake-20130714_173141.jpg  
Old 07-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #8

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
I run the AFE too and with the Volant scoop modified to fit the AFE intake. It's mostly done for my TRD supercharger I'm in the process of getting very soon.
..................doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit already!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:13 PM   #9
notice any gains with it? i have a s/c and thats the reason i wanna get it
Old 07-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #10
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11A
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
I have the AFE stage 2. Love it, great intake.

Also just had the truck smogged, totally forgetting to swap back to the OEM... The intake passed and the tech didn't say anything about the intake! That is.. if you live in a commie state like Kalifornia and have to smog. If not, I still recommend the AFE!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #11
no smog here
Old 07-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #12
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
..................doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit already!
Lol yes sir!

Btw to op I haven't put the truck on a dyno yet to verify it's potential. but once it gets blown I'll definitely get a before and after results.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:39 PM   #13
eazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant future

Name: Jay
eazyrider711's Tacoma Gallery
aFe stage 2 for $285.

I just ordered my afe pro dry from Autoanything for $285 and free shipping. I guess its a temporary promo to get 20% off.

http://www.autoanything.com/brands/1...x?N=4294959535
Old 07-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #14

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
notice any gains with it? i have a s/c and thats the reason i wanna get it

I cannot speak for numbers but I can say the truck seemed to pull a little harder. Response seemed snappier too.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #15
Toyman2k
toyman2k is on a distinguished road
Name: Roger
toyman2k's Tacoma Gallery
volant or?

trading the 07 for new 15 and run K&N now and want to get different brand now. Do like the Volant and the extra ram air kit. Also looked at Air Raid. How does the Volant sound? anyone? or I saw someone say the AFE and buy volant ram air kit and make it fit? I already have cat back exhaust from factory as well. THANKS!!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #16
JRTACO13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
JRTACO13's Tacoma Gallery
I have been debating getting a CAI, interested to hear what everyone thinks =)
Old 08-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #17
i still havent picked one yet
Old 08-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #18
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
URD has the aFe intake on sale right now:

http://urdusa.com/Intakes-Cold-Air-I...duct_info.html
Old 08-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #19
Toyman2k
toyman2k is on a distinguished road
Name: Roger
toyman2k's Tacoma Gallery
cai

I do like the volant a bit better than the AFE yet im curious to above posts with pics showing the ram air from Volant with the AFE box curious how they modified to fit.