Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Banks Exhaust

Old 10-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Banks Exhaust

Does anyone know where to buy them or atleast look up pricing other than direct from their own site. Also does anyone have the setup on their 05-07 4.0?

Josh
Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
KystnTRD has one on their truck, so i'd let them chime in on the specifics of it. and here's a price...look at the 5th one down on the link....LINK
Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I've been seeing them on ebay.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #4
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

One thing I am torn on right now with buying an exhaust for my truck is ending up with something that sounds like a fart can on some of the V6 import tuner cars.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
Work In Progress

Banks told me today that they are having a sale on their catbacks for the 4.0. They are $499.00 including free shipping.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
Work In Progress

Installed the Banks exhaust on my truck yesterday. Sounds great. Got it for 20% off from PerformanceParts4Trucks
Old 11-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so it sounds good, but how does it perform? Did you do the install yourself? Welding required?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
Work In Progress

I did install it myself, install was very easy since i had the use of a lift. I can see uninstalling the stock exhaust possibly being problematic just on ramps, but you might be able to manuever it off. Install of the Banks exhaust was cake. I had it all done in about 20 minutes. No welding is required. It uses clamp fittings. The exhaust is 3 sections. I may eventually have the sections welded together, but for now there is no leaks. It seems to perform very well. I was a bit disappointed with my truck after installing the TRD intake, but it seems to have freed up some power all around with the exhaust.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
qckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
qckslvr2234's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody have a sound clip of the Banks system. I have a 06 double cab and am interested in the Banks system but would like to hear it before I buy.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by qckslvr2234 View Post
Does anybody have a sound clip of the Banks system. I have a 06 double cab and am interested in the Banks system but would like to hear it before I buy.

Thanks

Ill go out and try and make one later.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
qckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
qckslvr2234's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. They only thing I have been able to find so far is a four second video on youtube.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #12
JesseJames is on a distinguished road
JesseJames's Tacoma Gallery
How does the Banks exhaust performance rank with Borla or Magnaflow, anyone know? I have the TRD CAI also, how does it sound with the Banks?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:25 AM   #13
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine from performance products... Also have a volant cai....sounds great
Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 AM   #14
The Banks p/n 48137 exhaust says it fits double cab short bed or access cab long bed 2005-07. Does anyone know if I can make this fit my 08 access cab standard bed?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #15
Did you notice any significant performance gains? HP, MPG?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #16
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
The Banks p/n 48137 exhaust says it fits double cab short bed or access cab long bed 2005-07. Does anyone know if I can make this fit my 08 access cab standard bed?
It should fit. There all the same body style still.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #17
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
Did you notice any significant performance gains? HP, MPG?
better acceleration.... i got 3 to5 more mpg with the banks and volant cai and ram air scoop..........
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #18
Are sure it would fit? I'm going to get one but I wanted to make sure. The guy I'm buying it from wasn't sure if it would fit.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboat haulin taco View Post
better acceleration.... i got 3 to5 more mpg with the banks and volant cai and ram air scoop..........
Do you have a sound clip of your truck?