1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Financing a TRD Supercharger? Possible?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by trexTRD, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Aug 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    You also forgot to consider the Torque/HP curves on those motors. The TRD supercharger makes power quick. That Dodge motor feels pretty lame until it hits that 3000 RPM money making power band. The Tacoma will be faster off the line, and in a close numbers contest that's a big difference by the finish line.

I've lined up many times with 2010ish Dodge Ram Daytona's and 2014 Rams, they're a good 100 feet behind me on a mile run.

BTW I personally think race trucks are lame. Dodge is a show truck, not go truck or a work truck. IMHO the only thing good about the Dodge is how cheap you can buy one for...

2. Aug 25, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    Husky Driver

Husky Driver Kyna's chauffeur

Member:
    First Name:
    Kipp
    40°35'09.0"N 105°04'38.3"W
    Vehicle:
    2k T4R3 SR5 (Sport Edition Highlander SX) TRD
    Toytec Ultimate 3" lift susp w/ OME 891 rear coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks front & 5125 rear, ARB 'Roo Bar, Warn VR10k, 0.7, 2 & 11-meter 2 way radios, Nitrogen inflated 33" BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s, FlexFuel E-85 conversion, AFe lifetime filter, Savage Offroad rock sliders, Ryno All Terrain 4.5mm skid plates, Line-X coatings on the armor, LifetimeLED & Rigid Industries LED headlights, UltraGauge 1.2, T3q 4.10 eLocker with armor from LROR, AmsOil lubricants used throughout. CBI plate rear bumper with swingaway, SPC Light Racing UCAs, ARB SS170HF Safari snorkel w/ Afrikaans centrifugal pre-cleaner, Tacoma antenna mod, TRD Supercharger w/ URD 7th inj. & URD pulleys, Anti-Dark engine bay lighting system. Having gone 250k, Aug 2016 was the time to replace the original clutch & get the driver's seat rebuilt/stuffed. Front & back Weathertech liners. Tundra front disc brake swap. Full length Rocky Mountain Rack with 40" lightbar & alternating strobe rear dust lights. I used a warm weekend in March 2022 to finally install my brand new, from old stock, 2000 4Runner driver's seat. $800 directly from the factory in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan.

3. Personally, I've always preferred the 100% down finance option. Depending on the source, more often than not you can even get a discount when you start counting out the 100s.

3. Aug 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Absolutely. Then again unless you're pulling down $100K at my age or you're a trust fund kid that's not really going to be an option for most buyers at my age.

Products Discussed in

To Top