Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Electronic Supercharger?????

Old 04-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
boredazhell is on a distinguished road
boredazhell's Tacoma Gallery
Electronic Supercharger?????

So, I was looking through the internet for a supercharger for my Tacoma and i ran into this ad regarding an electronic supercharger. I'm pretty sure it does not work at all, but I'm curious if anybody or you know anybody who tried it. I tried looking through the forums about a electronic supercharger and found nothing. This product reminds me of that ridiculous Tornado infomercial thingy I saw like 6 years back.

Below is the link, well a web address you can cut and paste to your address bar. sorry. My html skills are down right crappy.

http://www.engineperformancechip.com...r-1-5-psi-p-16
Old 04-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #2
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Why would anyone buy into that stuff. Its a complete joke.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
Did you see that video clip of it blowing against a fan? What was that suppose to prove? it's stronger than a hair dryer? hahahahaha oh man 300 bucks for a strong hair dryer, too funny. whew... that video clip alone made my day. best day... EVER!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
The little fan in the filter reminds me of the ones you hook up to your hitch.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
4x4Taco will become famous soon enough4x4Taco will become famous soon enough

4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Total waste of money....and if it breaks an goes into your engine!!!!!!!Ouch!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:03 AM   #6
4x4Taco will become famous soon enough4x4Taco will become famous soon enough

4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone interested in a REAL electric supercharger setup...check out this website...warning...a REAL setup is not cheap...an is very high current.

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php
Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #8
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about this. So, at idle the motor is at full boost, the same as at full throttle. Mmmmm must work good. Idle must be where they measure their 2-6 pounds of boost. At full throttle there will be vacuum which would be spinning the impeller, turning the motor into a generator. A very green racy part, Al Gore will like it.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like a computer cpu fan.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
hahaha cpu fan. oh man. it totally does... well after being delighted by finding this not-so-great product, i found a pretty funny clip trying to show the awesome-ness... ness... of this electric "supercharger".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFWJ_...eature=related
I love the part when he blows away a fireplace log... haha
Old 04-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
It looks like a computer cpu fan.

Yeah that was my thought

hmmmmmmmmm I have an old junk Gateway sitting in the back room I could rip the fan out of and sell it too my neighbor that drives a Ford, he already has a shitload of so called performance/MPG gadgets on his truck that one more probably couldn't hurt
Old 04-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Yeah that was my thought

hmmmmmmmmm I have an old junk Gateway sitting in the back room I could rip the fan out of and sell it too my neighbor that drives a Ford, he already has a shitload of so called performance/MPG gadgets on his truck that one more probably couldn't hurt
So it's a computer controlled electronic supercharger, I wonder if NASA would be interested. S/c the Mars rover.