1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Supercharger and ECM flashing question

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tdubya72, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Aug 28, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    tdubya72

tdubya72 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Longview, TX
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD 4x4 DC SuperWhite
    ARB Bumper, WARN Synthetic M8000, ARB intensity LED Floods, OME suspension all around. 18 Fuel Revolvers with Wrangler MTR Kevlar.
    OK guys I've searched through the interwebs and the tacomaworlds but can't seem to find the answer.

I have purchase the TRD supercharger for my 2013. If I install myself can the truck be driven to the shop for the ECM flash? If not can the ECM be flashed then the truck driven a short distance home to install the SC?

Second question is anyone know how much is typical for the ECM flash from the stealership?

Thanks!![​IMG]

IMG_0451.jpg

2. Aug 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    eazyrider711

eazyrider711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
    Just a quick FYI, if you have it installed at a dealer, the S/C will be covered on the remaining 5year/60kmile powertrain warranty. Sorry, but not sure on the cost of flashing the ECM.

3. Aug 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    Yes, you can install then drive it to the dealer to get the reflash. Price will probably be what there hourly rate is as it takes about 30 mins or so to flash.

4. Aug 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 Wizard Sleeve Master

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Blown dubcab
    TRD Supercharged 4.0 w/ 2.5" Quick change Pulley, UCON EMS, URD 7th injector, AFE Stage II intake, DT Longtubes, MBRP 2.5" dual exhaust w/ Vibrant Ultra resonator, URD Y-pipe w/ vibrant v-bands (Cat free), Walboro 255 fuel pump, SS Oil catch can, Aeroforce gauges, Icon CDC 2.5 coilover set at 3", 1.5" Wleelers Progressive aal, Light racing uca, 17x8.5 Fuel Anza 4.5" backspace/-6 mm offset, Kelly Safari a/t 265/70/17, scanguage 2, AMP electric steps, bed extender, Low-pro tonneau cover, 20% tinted windows/headlights/taillights, tacoma seat covers, Image dynamic sound system w/ Pinoneer avh3200 head, assrtd stickers................
    Just don't mash the gas pedal on the way to the dealer:D

5. Aug 28, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    tdubya72

tdubya72 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Longview, TX
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD 4x4 DC SuperWhite
    ARB Bumper, WARN Synthetic M8000, ARB intensity LED Floods, OME suspension all around. 18 Fuel Revolvers with Wrangler MTR Kevlar.
    I appreciate it guys. I didn't figure the flash would cost much but wasn't sure about driving it a few miles. I'm pretty meticulous and have doubts about my dealer doing the job correctly. Maybe I'll hunt around for different dealers.

6. Aug 28, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    eazyrider711

eazyrider711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
    Talk to the service managers of the different dealers. I spoke to a couple around me and it helped me pick one. The first guy assured me, "we do these all the time" with no real specifics. The second guy told me they don't do them very often, but he has a master technician that has done all the S/C installs for that dealership in the last two years. He estimated that was around 10, and that same technician would be assigned to do my install.

You can also email most service managers these days if you track down their email from the dealer website. Its hard to get some of the guys on the phone sometimes.

Products Discussed in

To Top