Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Turn-down (for what) on stock exhaust - vibrations?

Old 08-29-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
Turn-down (for what) on stock exhaust - vibrations?

I'm looking to dispose of the tip on my exhaust in lieu of tucking it underneath. I remember when I did this on a couple of my Mustangs vibrations went up immediately from the exhaust bouncing against the ground.

Is this something that also happens with the Taco or is it too tall to cause that annoyance?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:48 AM   #2
Lou Slink is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Lou Slink's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see some different set-up, also...
Old 08-29-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTRS View Post
I'm looking to dispose of the tip on my exhaust in lieu of tucking it underneath. I remember when I did this on a couple of my Mustangs vibrations went up immediately from the exhaust bouncing against the ground.

Is this something that also happens with the Taco or is it too tall to cause that annoyance?
I thought you were selling your Truck?
Old 08-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen loads of people just chop it right after the axel. Makes it a bit louder as it resonates under the bed, but not much louder. A few times while riding with them I could smell fumes at a stop light, but most people that have done say they never smell fumes.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I've seen loads of people just chop it right after the axel. Makes it a bit louder as it resonates under the bed, but not much louder. A few times while riding with them I could smell fumes at a stop light, but most people that have done say they never smell fumes.
Sorry to go off topic for a bit. I wanna see the rest of your sig pic
Old 08-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
Oregon State Edition
JRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
I've got mine chopped before my rear axle and I don't notice any odd vibrations, nor do I smell any fumes. It does increase cab noise, but that doesn't bother me... that's why I added the flowmaster muffler along with the cut and turned down exhaust.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
wildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wildcats's Tacoma Gallery
I have an mbrp turndown. Drones a bit above 70, but 65 it's barely noticeable. Sounds pretty good, I got it mostly because stock exhaust was yellowing my paint bad.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:04 PM   #9
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
chopped my 3" super44 after the axle and noticed a slight bit more rumble, but no biggie