1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD S/C - URD Pulley Question

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by jeffhorton, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    No worries brother :) I'm very happy with the pulley upgrade! I definitely wished I had done it sooner. Hope you have similar results!

My tips to you for the pulley installation with the URD tool;
    Clean up the input shaft with Scotchbrite like they recommend
    Definitely boil the new pulley for a few minutes before installation
    I chilled the input shaft with a can of compressed air held upside down immediately before installation.
    I practiced setting up the tool and pulley a few times before doing it for real. Once the pulley is started have someone hold it still with a strap wrench while you work the tool, per URD's instructions. It went on super easy in less than a minute.

2. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    My results weren't the same unfortunately. I really didn't even feel a difference. In all the other vehicles I've ever owned that were forced induction one of the first mods I ever did was a boost gauge. That way I could see what my mods were doing as far as boost pressure goes and have a good understanding of how the boost comes on before modifications. I went against my #1 rule and now I'm kicking myself because once I do add a boost gauge I won't have a baseline to go on. To me it feels exactly the same.

I did follow the instructions to the letter and due to reading some horror stories early on I made it a point to read all the threads I could from those that had done the install and then read through the instructions several times before even starting. I made sure to not take any short cuts and followed every step to the letter and it really was an easy swap. The hardest part was everything leading up to the pressing of the new pulley. I had hoped that I would feel more of a difference from about 1.5psi but I didn't. I even checked several times to make sure I didn't accidentally put the stock pulley back on. I don't know why I don't notice a difference when others say they do.

3. Sep 9, 2014 at 4:44 PM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Thats a bummer you weren't as impressed. Its not a jaw dropping difference but it was noticeable :)

After I got the 2.8" pulley and URD Y-pipe I was all like
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top