Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C - URD Pulley Question

Old 09-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
jeffhorton will become famous soon enough
Name: Jeff
jeffhorton's Tacoma Gallery
TRD S/C - URD Pulley Question

I have a 2013 w/ a TRD S/C. I am interested in installing the URD SuperGrip Supercharger Pulley.

http://urdusa.com/Pulleys-Supercharg...duct_info.html

Questions are:

I'll also be purchasing the press kit tool. Has anyone had any issues using this pulley and/or press kit tool? is it simple to use and basically take pulley off, press new pulley on?

i like to do simple small upgrades so i can see performance gains and not do too many things at one time. Can i just install new pulley or does it require any more components?

thanks in advance for any advice and wisdom!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Install new pulley > braaaaaaap
Old 09-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
so, installing a new pulley is greater than a burp. that's great advice, thanks.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Just install the pulley, you get I think 2 extra PSI which means more braap (horsepower). Idk if you need a new belt or not but gadget from URD will tell you when you are ordering.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
OK, thanks, i didnt get the braaap. 2 xtra PSI = 15-30 HP they say on side which is cheap for $150 mod. appreciate the info, i'll send email to them.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Anywhere you pay $150 for 30 HP is a good deal. The mod bugs just get started with a S/C though, you will want headers, full exhaust, new fuel pump, different injectors, and I'm not sure if they make an aftermarket EMS yet for the 12+ but that would put you in the 300 whp range.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Damn this thread, got the mod itch again ....

Will the stock fuel pump be ok with the URD pulley?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Damn this thread, got the mod itch again ....

Will the stock fuel pump be ok with the URD pulley?
Almost certain I've seen others run URD pulley with stock fuel pump, gadget can answer better than I though.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #9
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

URD has the pulley on sale so I pulled the trigger.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #11
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
I was told the stock pump is at its limit when just using the supercharger alone. It isn't that expensive of an upgrade but you either pull the bed or drop the tank to get to it. I already want a pulley and my blower isn't even on yet.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
Per URD, they responded to my email and said the stock S/C belt will work just fine.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #13
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
I was told the stock pump is at its limit when just using the supercharger alone. It isn't that expensive of an upgrade but you either pull the bed or drop the tank to get to it. I already want a pulley and my blower isn't even on yet.
What inexpensive pump do we upgrade to?
Old 09-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #14
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
What inexpensive pump do we upgrade to?
Not sure. The URD kits are only 155+ depending on the pump.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #15
themanknownasstin is on a distinguished road

themanknownasstin's Tacoma Gallery
I am wanting the pulley as well. So you do need to upgrade the fuel pump before installing it? What kinds of issues would you see by not replacing the FP? Just less mpg?
Old 09-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #16
It wasn't a rock...

If you don't have enough fuel you can run lean and blow the engine. Every truck is different though so it is best to monitor AFR and fuel pressure to see where you are at.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #18
JDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Is $99 the regular or sale price? The way URD has it presented, it appears to be a sale price (they have $129.99 marked thru).
Old 09-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #19
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Is $99 the regular or sale price? The way URD has it presented, it appears to be a sale price (they have $129.99 marked thru).
I don't think we're talking about the same thing then. The URD fuel pump upgrade kit is $155.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #20
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I don't think we're talking about the same thing then. The URD fuel pump upgrade kit is $155.

Discount code: ForumMemeber

Knocked $7.75 off orders over $150.