1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

pretty good ebay find maybe?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by yota243, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Sep 9, 2014 at 5:35 AM
    yota243

yota243 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    My experience with headers is that even the good ones crack. Not sure how often these would crack and need repaired but my guess is that it would be more often than more expensive offerings. If someone owns these actual headers and can post some long-term experience that would be helpful.

3. Sep 10, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    yota243

yota243 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    the only "long term" use of this brand i found was on a ls1 forum (i washed my eyes out well after view to get rid of unwanted gm nonsense) but a couple guys had ran them over a year with no issue. some did complain about fitment being a minor issue (they said they had to dent the driver side to clear the stiring column i think, but that would be a model specific issue and the tacoma would have something else to look out for im sure.

4. Sep 16, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    Vassily28

Vassily28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quebec, Quebec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD SPORT 4x4 Quadcab LB
    TRD supercharger with 2.85" URD stealth pulley and OEM FPR mod. URD fuel pump upgrade, URD TB plate adapter 70mm, FJ/4 runner 70 mm Throttle body, URD exhaust cam gears URD performance thermostat TRD CAI 1st gen. with custom cover (coupe), ProDry S + Filter skin, Doug thorley long tube headers, URD spec U exhaust Icon LT 2.5 front coilover, Timbren front bumpstops, Total Choas UCA, Deaver custom leafpack 3 inch. lift, Icon 2.5 VS series rear resishocks, Timbren rear bumpstops, ARB front bumper with WARN 8500 lbs winch,Hella 500 blackmagic, AVID rear bumper, Allpro front IFS skid + Trans. skid + Transfercase skid. Total chaos LCA skid, SS braided brake line, URD O2 sims, URD MAF controller, Wetokole front seatcovers, Innovate MTX-L, MTX-D AFR and boost gage.
    One thing is sure, the Y pipe won't fit a 4x4.

I've runned a DTLT headers on my 2005 for 4 years and for 2 years now on my 2011 with no problems.

5. Sep 27, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    Deerhunter1911a1

Deerhunter1911a1 Jeeper gone Taco!

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD V6 6-speed MANUAL BABY!
    None yet. Soon to come.
    These also are NOT equal length headers and while they claim they are TIG welded they look braised to me which I would not expect to hold up under high temp nearly as well. Idk man...looks like a flashy stock exhaust manifold to me...but just my $0.02

Products Discussed in

To Top