Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

magnaflow vs trd exhaust

Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!
06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice

06WHITETRD's Tacoma Gallery
magnaflow vs trd exhaust

I have a 2006 trd off road v6. I want to buy a exhaust for it but im not sure what I want. I want to know whats the differents between the magnaflow n trd exhaust. I dont want the flowmaster. I already have a urd intake. I just want the truck to run smooth. any tips??
Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
go with the trd exhaust
but if your looking for more info look for chris4x4
he has a great post all about it
Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WHITETRD View Post
oh ok.. is trd exhaust just the stock or its similiar to the magnaflow??
The TRD exhaust, last time I checked, is made by Borla. Its a good exhaust. Not too loud, but give a good flow.
David, Is this the post you were refering too?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ine-basic.html
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thats the one
Old 04-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #7

in a word yes
go with the trd you will be happy with
Old 04-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
alright.. does the trd waste a lot of gas or somewhat???
"Wasted gas" is usually dictated by the use of the throttle.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!
06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice

oh really. I understand from all the type of exhaust out there, u still waste gas no matter what. if you stay stock, your not getting the performance on the truck like you want. you gotta spend a bit to get what you want. lol I just wanted to know if trd n magnaflow is similiar
Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #12

Quote:
oh really. I understand from all the type of exhaust out there, u still waste gas no matter what. if you stay stock, your not getting the performance on the truck like you want. you gotta spend a bit to get what you want. lol I just wanted to know if trd n magnaflow is similiar
Yes, they are similar.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #14

Quote:
is it better getting the real trd or the aftermarket ??
Personally, I dont think it matters much. Borla, TRD, Magnaflow, are all good mufflers. I have seen the best gains with the Dynomax Super Turbo, but even then, the gain is only about 6 h.p..
Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #15
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

oh really. thats not bad. as long the truck runs smooth n has a good sounds. its all good. :0 well ima start lookin for a trd exhaust. hopefully they aint expensive.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
4x4Taco will become famous soon enough4x4Taco will become famous soon enough

4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Personally, I dont think it matters much. Borla, TRD, Magnaflow, are all good mufflers. I have seen the best gains with the Dynomax Super Turbo, but even then, the gain is only about 6 h.p..

I agree.....mostly all the same regarding gains as the stock is not that restrictive anyway. Mostly it comes down to sound and looks.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #18
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
TRD exhaust is made by bosal not borla.
when i got my truck, the trd exhaust option said borla.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
TRD exhaust is made by bosal not borla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
when i got my truck, the trd exhaust option said borla.
Some have reportadly been made by "Bosal". Im not sure who they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Taco View Post
I agree.....mostly all the same regarding gains as the stock is not that restrictive anyway. Mostly it comes down to sound and looks.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #20
mattb1968 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Gunner
mattb1968's Tacoma Gallery
Any one have experience or heard of anyone buying a Banks exhaust. I have an '07 Tacoma TRD Off Road and I am looking to add a cat back.