just started this month upgrading the truck all mainly b/c my stock 245/75/r16 tires are about 5k from replacement. I havent been able to decide on my tire size/brand but once the suspension arrives ill have to make a choice to get everything put on (255/85/r16 vs 235/85/r16 w/last choice 265/75/r16).
This is what i have done so far and for me, the budget is just about to be shut down indefinitely but im loooking to see if theres anything else i should really consider. Like everyone, theres plenty about to happen in the family pipeline so its likely now or 5-10+ years from now lol.
-TRD ShortShifter kit installed
-Purchased Black TRD beadlock wheels
-Purchased stage 4 EBC Brake kit + SS Lines
-Purchased Custom Stage 3 ICON Suspension
-Signed up for wet-okole group buy ends sept 28th
Some thoughts of mine vary from functional to pure aesthetics.
In no particular order:
1) The pretty sweet "raptor" grill... (expensive just for looks!)
2) Sliders or other armor? (functional, and although i have a 4x4 trip planned in late october in norcal, i dont currently do much aside from camping a few times per year)
3) Replace just the 6th gear ratio in the truck some how? (I looked at my gearing, the overall final is the 3.373 but the 6th in particular is a 0.85 and i REALLY do hate my MPG... i get around 14-16. I thought it was ~20mpg until i started calculating it on fillup. This is my DD and on the week ends i always drive the wife around and i guess i gotta drop back from the 75mph stuff. Still, i am over 2krpms at 60mph and i see others reports 2k@60mph. Overall, i am not an ME, nor do i have any experience outside regular maintenance changes but i do feel if the work was reasonable, i could pull it off. As in, maybe if theres some swap thats possible, and its only a few days work or even a week i would seriously consider it. I did see some comments on this but cant clearly find out what i need to buy/do. Any links or real feedback on this would be great).
4) exhaust catback? Eh... true, the stock sound is pretty sad but still not sold on paying 400-500 for a semo-ricer sound.
5) Air locker? Front, i think. (again, more off-road functional, but i feel like driving > lockers in most situations. Plus, i dont see myself rock crawling much or very seriously)
6)Something entirely else?