Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Afe twisted steel headers

Old 10-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
Yota4me is on a distinguished road

Yota4me's Tacoma Gallery
Afe twisted steel headers

Anyone try these? Any reviews? I don't like cats but don't want to throw away low end tq. Ty in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Afe twisted steel headers-image.jpg  
Old 10-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Dark Helmet
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota4me View Post
Anyone try these? Any reviews? I don't like cats but don't want to throw away low end tq. Ty in advance

First time I've seen the AFE headers.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
Kelvin is on a distinguished road

Kelvin's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they have a 2.5" Y pipe too. Wonder when these came out?

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...L&&brandID=103
Old 10-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
Lol. They are still not emissions legal.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
68vert is on a distinguished road

68vert's Tacoma Gallery
for that kinda dough I wanna see some dyno results
Old 10-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Probably the same gains as all the other shorty headers. The price increase comes from the cats.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
eazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant future

Name: Jay
eazyrider711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
Lol. They are still not emissions legal.
The page with just the headers says something about 49 state legal cats. The page with the headers and Y pipe says its not CARB rated. I'm not really sure if that means anything or not.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
It wasn't a rock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyrider711 View Post
The page with just the headers says something about 49 state legal cats. The page with the headers and Y pipe says its not CARB rated. I'm not really sure if that means anything or not.
From the header page:

Note: This is a "Race Only" product used solely for competition. Its use is limited to closed-course and open-course racing that is formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use including recreational off-road use could be in violation of local, state and federal laws

This is looking up for a 2010 V6.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #11
eazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant future

Name: Jay
eazyrider711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
From the header page:

Note: This is a "Race Only" product used solely for competition. Its use is limited to closed-course and open-course racing that is formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use including recreational off-road use could be in violation of local, state and federal laws

This is looking up for a 2010 V6.
Ahh, maybe I'm looking at the 12-14 v6 and its different. Could also be a browser issue and I'm just not loading that note on my page. Good to know if its not street legal.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #12

Yota4me's Tacoma Gallery
Well thank you for the insight, im not worried about carb/legal etc, the border is swiss chesse *illegal* and the world is burning. Not all doom and gloom just seeking headers and seeing if anyone had these.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #14

Yota4me's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it is a glorified shorty header but it has high flow cats built in, ie 300 CPI vs, stock of what 5-600cpi? Maybe I would better off using stock headers and having 2-300 CPI cats welded in? Any thoughts? Ty in advance
Old 12-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #15
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota4me View Post
I guess it is a glorified shorty header but it has high flow cats built in, ie 300 CPI vs, stock of what 5-600cpi? Maybe I would better off using stock headers and having 2-300 CPI cats welded in? Any thoughts? Ty in advance
You're right. Don't get them. They're no effing good because they don't have equal length runners.

Greg