1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Supercharger warranty question

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by rethmann, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Nov 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM
    rethmann

rethmann [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Thornton, CO
    Vehicle:
    White
    Hello all, new to the forum (1st post) but been reading all the posts for over a year.

So I wanted to get a supercharger installed in my 2013 Tacoma (40,xxx), but when I called to discussed how it would effect my extended warranty, the dealership stated if the supercharger causes another part to go out, it would not be covered.

Is this what you guys are running into too?

If this is the way it's is going to be, I will end up installing it myself and take it to the dealership to get flashed. Also I will be able to change out the pulley before they flash it.

Cheers

2. Nov 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    If toyota installes it it's covered under the remainder of the warranty the truck has. Call another dealer that knows what they are doing. If you install it yourself or if the truck is out of warranty then you only have one year or 12k miles.

3. Nov 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM
    rethmann

rethmann [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Thornton, CO
    Vehicle:
    White
    Thanks for the responses. I did call 2 dealerships today and received the same story. I am going to call the toyota warranty group directly so I can hear it first hand.. crazy because I see what other people are posting that they are covered like rossk35 states.

Products Discussed in

To Top