Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K&N Cold Air Intake

Old 12-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
theGodfather is on a distinguished road

Name: Vanni
theGodfather's Tacoma Gallery
K&N Cold Air Intake

Hi everyone....I'm relatively new to this site.....don't post much at all. I wanted to get your thoughts on putting in a K&N cold air intake in my 2007 Tacoma. I have a V6 4.0 litre truck. Right now, I'm getting a noise that's coming from the right passenger side where the current stock intake is. I've read that it's a common problem. Wondering what your thoughts are on replacing it to get a little better performance and also getting rid of the noise of course.

Is it worth it?

This is the air intake I'm thinking of getting:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=63-9025
Old 12-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
If the noise you hear is the stock intake and you don't like it, the K&N is going to be louder.

If the noise is not the intake, the K&N may drown it out.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
theGodfather is on a distinguished road

Name: Vanni
theGodfather's Tacoma Gallery
The noise coming now is from inside the right fender where it meets the stock intake. It'll be a different noise with the K&N....more a muscle-sounding noise which I like. The noise I'm referring to now is more of a vibration.