1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy needs URD maf calibrator help

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Goinmxn, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Dec 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    You mentioned on CT you threw a P0101 and P0102. I'd focus all the time into your MAF sensor and any wire interceptions you did on it until you get those codes to go away. I did a little reading on those codes and it is a low voltage at the MAF. If you can look at your truck when it is running your MAF voltage at idle should be right around 1 volt. Check the EFI fuses. If the urd devices intercept maf, read the in and out voltage if you can.

If you can unplug the tuner and your fuel injectors aren't too big try that. The ECU can trim out injectors that are about 300cc's 400's and 500's are too big to trim.

2. Dec 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Holy SAS. Wish I could help but I know nothing bout superchargers. Good luck and great truck!

3. Dec 12, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    Goinmxn

Goinmxn [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Rappahannock Va
    Vehicle:
    04 SAS Double Cab
    3 linked, sas supercharged tons of armour
    I was mistaken in saying I had a maf calibrator, I have the afr calibrator and the fuel tuning controller that intercepts the maf. The injectors I have are 316cc, so I am going to meter the maf voltages tomorrow and see what they are when it stalls. I will next take out the ftc (pain, as all is soldered and heat shrunk) and see if the stalling still occurs. The tune is good I'm sure because it ran for 7 years flawlessly. Plenty of power and still decent on fuel with absolutely no problems. It ran like the stock truck with a boat load more power. Again thanks for the props on the truck, I have a lot of time and money in it and take pride in the fact that I built everything on the truck. It has taken my wife, son and tons of luggage with a Yamaha fxho ski in tow to the Okracoke Island for many years. I truly enjoy driving the truck.
    St Andrew, I am still leaning towards the FIC if it is available once I nail this down. Gadget said he is going to help me Tuesday when he gets back from a trip.

4. Dec 12, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    Ouch pnp harness is the way to go. I couldn't image soldering under my dash. That is a pretty long time to have that tuner. The module could of shit the bed from all the vibrations on dirt over time. I can't ever say no to moving up the newer electronics. I'm sure you can tune it in a few weeks if you need to upgrade. Keep us posted on what you find out. Stock computer will trim out 316cc at idle and cruising. Just barely though. Stock is like 285cc if I'm right

5. Dec 13, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    Larger injectors don't tune well with the stock ECU. You can't trim them and they fire too strong and you tend to idle rich.

OP, what you have should be able to tune the truck but it sounds like its either wired wrong (not likely now that I re-read what you posted), you have a separate issue (most likely), or your tables are messed up (did you try to re-tune or change the tune?). Can you back up your tables and then zero them out, clear your ECU (remove the neg term for a few minutes) and see what happens (basically let the ECU take over with a fresh slate).

I got an AEM patch extension harness for like $165 and wired everything (with lots off help) into that. Then you just plug it in between the ECU and the stock harness.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  6. Dec 16, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    Vassily28

Vassily28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quebec, Quebec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD SPORT 4x4 Quadcab LB
    TRD supercharger with 2.85" URD stealth pulley and OEM FPR mod. URD fuel pump upgrade, URD TB plate adapter 70mm, FJ/4 runner 70 mm Throttle body, URD exhaust cam gears URD performance thermostat TRD CAI 1st gen. with custom cover (coupe), ProDry S + Filter skin, Doug thorley long tube headers, URD spec U exhaust Icon LT 2.5 front coilover, Timbren front bumpstops, Total Choas UCA, Deaver custom leafpack 3 inch. lift, Icon 2.5 VS series rear resishocks, Timbren rear bumpstops, ARB front bumper with WARN 8500 lbs winch,Hella 500 blackmagic, AVID rear bumper, Allpro front IFS skid + Trans. skid + Transfercase skid. Total chaos LCA skid, SS braided brake line, URD O2 sims, URD MAF controller, Wetokole front seatcovers, Innovate MTX-L, MTX-D AFR and boost gage.
    Can it be a throttle problem coming from the TPS or the magnetic cluctch.

The fact that you can't rev it over 3000 rpm with the pedal to the floor sounds like a failsafe behavior.

Take a look at the attached file.

Attached Files:

7. Dec 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Had my Map-ECU2 crap out on me. All of a sudden, the truck's AFR's went into the 9's at idle. Pulled the until, swapped injectors back to stock, and truck ran fine. Might be a similar scenario here as well.

8. Dec 17, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    My thoughts exactly. Im guessing one of the controllers went bad.

9. Dec 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    1st i know nothing about maf calibrator you want helps with. lol

2nd. that truck looks badass!

10. Jan 1, 2015 at 8:31 PM
    Speedo

Speedo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dcsb 4x4
    Wrecked!