Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

"GO TACOMAS"

Old 01-01-2015, 03:58 AM   #1
2000 tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
2000 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
"GO TACOMAS"

I'm new here & so far ive been reading about what's happening in this world of tacomas. It's great I love this site & i need or help. I just bought a 2000 Tacoma Prerunner 2.7 in. Starts great, idle great. It had 32" mud tires front lifted 2" & i still have it lifted, but I bought new tires made more for the road than using mud tires I did keep the same size 32" the problem I have is (ITS GUTLESS) ITS GOT NO PICKUP & GO, I mean I can get up to speed I can drive on the freeways 75-80 but there no pickup when you need it. Someone please tell me what I can do to solve my problem.
By the way my name is Dan
Old 01-01-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Dan. It's a four cylinder truck, not a sports car. Not much can be done sorry to say. You can gain a few HP through intake/exhaust mods but the the gains are minimal for the money. Look into the "deckplate mod". Or you could drop some coin on a turbo or supercharger.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:08 AM   #3
Marine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud of

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Marine.Doc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 tacoma View Post
I'm new here & so far ive been reading about what's happening in this world of tacomas. It's great I love this site & i need or help. I just bought a 2000 Tacoma Prerunner 2.7 in. Starts great, idle great. It had 32" mud tires front lifted 2" & i still have it lifted, but I bought new tires made more for the road than using mud tires I did keep the same size 32" the problem I have is (ITS GUTLESS) ITS GOT NO PICKUP & GO, I mean I can get up to speed I can drive on the freeways 75-80 but there no pickup when you need it. Someone please tell me what I can do to solve my problem.
I bought a 2013 Taco with an I4, drove it for 13 months and traded it in for them same truck, 2015, with a V6. Makes all the difference in the world. I4's are fine except they have no giddyup
Old 01-02-2015, 02:09 AM   #4
2000 tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
2000 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Your words of saying respect and beliefs is so cool & true
Old 01-08-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
Over da Hill is a splendid one to beholdOver da Hill is a splendid one to beholdOver da Hill is a splendid one to beholdOver da Hill is a splendid one to beholdOver da Hill is a splendid one to beholdOver da Hill is a splendid one to beholdOver da Hill is a splendid one to behold

Name: Johnny
Over da Hill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 tacoma View Post
My old 4 cylinder wasn't too bad with stock tires, had some pep. Bigger, heavier tires will definitely tax the motor. With your lift it would look silly with smaller tires, so adding more horses is probably the only option.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:12 AM   #6
Conumdrum is a name known to allConumdrum is a name known to allConumdrum is a name known to allConumdrum is a name known to allConumdrum is a name known to allConumdrum is a name known to all
Air Force: Retired E-7 ol' F-4 Radar Tech
Conumdrum's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, more horsies. You can get a few with exhaust/headers, but not much you can do unless you turbo/supercharge it. You could get lower rear end gears and you'll pick up better, but 3500 RPM at 75 MPH isn't that good........

Look at the weight vs horsepower ratio, it'll be kinda depressing. Still, it's a 4 banger in a truck, trucks ain't light.