Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Pre cleaner for snorkel

Old 01-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Pre cleaner for snorkel

I'm looking to get a pre cleaner for my safari snorkel ... I am seeing all different opinions on this some say the 7in one is best some say it doesn't allow enough air in
Others say they can't be used at high speeds (80mph)
Some say the 10in hits roof/door
Some are saying they only find. 3in inlet and the Fj/Tacoma/runner 4.0l snorkel has a 3.5in inlet ...

Does anyone have actual experience with a pre cleaner on a 4.0l motor.????
I don't want to restrict airflow and hurt it and I want a simple on off design...

Any experienced input would be awesome thank you
Old 01-06-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
inlet sizes will depend on which snorkel....

safari=3"
airflow=3.75" (need adapter)

safari you can run 7" or 10" bowls
airflow is limited to the 10" due to the 3.75" inlet restriction (need adapter to match snorkel)

http://cruiseroutfitters.com/safarisnorkel.html
7" Pre-cleaner with 3" Inlet - $64.50
Part# ARB PBH000237
10" Pre-cleaner with 3" Inlet- $113.50
Part# ARB PBH000253
10" Pre-cleaner with 3.75" Inlet- $124.50
Part# ARB PBH000254
Pre-cleaner Adapter 3.5" to 3.75" Inlet- $12.50
Part# ARB PBH024256
Old 01-06-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i've had the 10" for a while now with no issues (besides a recent disappearance of the precleaner) ...great for heavy snow fall and dusty conditions

n0rth has even run his precleaner on his 2.7L S/C'd
Old 01-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Do you think the 7in bowl will allow enough airflow into snorkel? I was told I need to run a 10in but Id rather run a 7in on my safari snorkel? I don't see how bowl size could affect air flow since its getting sucked up at the snorkel tube either way? I'm doing a maine overland comp in June and its dusty as all hell..
Old 01-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #5
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.donaldson.com/en/engine/...ary/073668.pdf

max airflow:

7" = 170CFM
10"x3" = 320CFM
10"x3.75"= 330CFM

larger the bowl the larger the opening below the bowl where the air can come in...

whether or not 170CFM is adequate? not sure....but i think for our engines, you'd be fine...if you had a S/C i'd not mess around and get the larger...
Old 01-07-2015, 08:54 AM   #6
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
another option, http://www.sy-klone.com/mm5/merchant...tegory_Code=S9
Old 01-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
or if silver is more your thing, https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemLi...lcSubsc=ACCS09

also good source of reducers to fit the snorkel...

i like these, https://www.allpartsstore.com/ItemDe...mNumber=974035

could use with the sy-klone...a 4"-3.5" reducer
Old 01-07-2015, 08:59 AM   #8
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
scratch that...the sy-klone has reducer kits already... http://www.sy-klone.com/mm5/merchant...ry_Code=S9-PRC
Old 01-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #9
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
I love the search button! I wasn't sure if anyone asked this before... had the same question.

Thanks guys I'll be getting the 10"x3"...