Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

HELP!! Wont idle with new K&N!!!!

Old 01-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
cgmckinley is on a distinguished road
cgmckinley's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy HELP!! Wont idle with new K&N!!!!

HI I'm Macky from southern Louisiana new to the forum.

ok bought a K&N CAI for my brand new Tacoma 2015.
put everything on exactly as the instructions stated (numerous steps but did it) went to start my truck and It would not idle. triple checked everything and couldn't find were I had made a mistake. finally put the factory back on started right away with no problems.
I don't want to send it back because I have had K&Ns on every truck ive owned and love the sound. What can I do?
p.s. the check engine light never came on. (thankfully)
Old 01-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
Check to see you positioned the MAF the correct way on the K&N but I think it only mounts one way. There should be an arrow on it showing direction of airflow. Also pull the negative off of the battery when you do it.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #3
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on which intake you have. I would type it out but I'm lazy tonight and thought the video would be a better help.

If you have the sealed box type this this should help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfMpeTdseMU
Old 01-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #4
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the CAI is compatible with your truck. I think in 2012 the engine intake system changed which is why they have no TRD CAI.