1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed: aFe Stage II (non-SI)

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by theallpowerfuljon, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Jan 13, 2015 at 10:33 AM
    theallpowerfuljon

theallpowerfuljon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 15 T4R Limited
    Got it installed along with my URD MAF Calibrator. As with most, i'm impressed with the performance of the pair. Seems to be a good, solid mod. However, WOT from 3k+ and HOLY HELL my truck turns into a loud, obnoxious vortex of un-throaty doom in the cab. I swear to God I must manage to open a black hole every time I get on it.

I like it at times, I really do, but anything not tied down rattles like hell.

Anyone have a suggestion or a quick improvement to deal with this? Also, not sure how it sounds outside the truck. I don't think it's that bad.

Thanks to Gadget and Sam at URD for the quick ship through the holidays!

2. Jan 13, 2015 at 11:41 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    That one has a box for the filter correct? If so, one of the corners might be rattling on the fender. If so, put a little pad underneath there to dampen it.

3. Jan 13, 2015 at 12:28 PM
    theallpowerfuljon

theallpowerfuljon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 15 T4R Limited
    Nope, it has a metal shield but no box. However, I wonder if a plastic spacer under the 3 bolts would help...

Products Discussed in

To Top