Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD exhaust fitment questions

Old 05-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
S!LVERT4COM4 is on a distinguished road
S!LVERT4COM4's Tacoma Gallery
TRD exhaust fitment questions

I know there are plenty of threads discussing the pros/cons of the TRD exhaust so I'm not even going to touch on that. I have flipped-flopped a number of times on whether to get one myself, but have found a used one and have a "fitment" question for the knowledgeable people of tacomaworld.

Would a TRD exhaust currently on a 2007 access cab fit on a 2009 double cab short bed? I obviously don't know much about this, but I'd be concerned about the bends and the hanger locations. Are there other concerns, such as engine types, etc?

My confusion stems from the fact that I have an incredibly tough time getting useful information from most dealership parts departments. I called a few and the concensus was (without looking it up) that it wouldn't work. However, on http://www.trdsource.com the part number is the same for an access cab or a double cab (PT910-89061) and the description says "Fits Tacoma Xtra Cab and Double Cab Short-Bed models."

Like I said, I'm fairly clueless here and could use some helpful insight. In addition to the technical-ish questions, what is your opinion on an 8 month used TRD exhaust for $250 + my stock exhaust sound for a price?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it should work. The access cabs and DC SB are the same length. If I am wrong hopefully someone else will step in!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
S!LVERT4COM4 is on a distinguished road
S!LVERT4COM4's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you both for your replies. I have been doing some more research and it looks like the same part number on TRD's site as well...so I think I'm going to go for it. Is there anything I need to watch for or be concerned with when buying a used exhaust? Also, will I need to buy a new gasket or any other small essential part that I might be overlooking or is it as simple as it looks? Thanks again.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Read my edit, I had a BAAAD typo