1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD exhaust fitment questions

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by S!LVERT4COM4, May 2, 2009.

1. May 2, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    S!LVERT4COM4

S!LVERT4COM4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    black emblems, tinted tails, fog light mod, DTRL, weathertechs, in-dash NAV, center console light, glovebox light, maglite mounts, BHLM, sockmonkey decals and bumper cover, 886 reverse lights, extra beg rings, undercover, TRD exhaust (painted black), TRD skidplate (custom paint)
    I know there are plenty of threads discussing the pros/cons of the TRD exhaust so I'm not even going to touch on that. I have flipped-flopped a number of times on whether to get one myself, but have found a used one and have a "fitment" question for the knowledgeable people of tacomaworld.

Would a TRD exhaust currently on a 2007 access cab fit on a 2009 double cab short bed? I obviously don't know much about this, but I'd be concerned about the bends and the hanger locations. Are there other concerns, such as engine types, etc?

My confusion stems from the fact that I have an incredibly tough time getting useful information from most dealership parts departments. I called a few and the concensus was (without looking it up) that it wouldn't work. However, on http://www.trdsource.com the part number is the same for an access cab or a double cab (PT910-89061) and the description says "Fits Tacoma Xtra Cab and Double Cab Short-Bed models."

Like I said, I'm fairly clueless here and could use some helpful insight. In addition to the technical-ish questions, what is your opinion on an 8 month used TRD exhaust for $250 + my stock exhaust sound for a price?

Thank you in advance for any help.

2. May 2, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I believe it should work. The access cabs and DC SB are the same length. If I am wrong hopefully someone else will step in!

3. May 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
  4. May 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    S!LVERT4COM4

S!LVERT4COM4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    black emblems, tinted tails, fog light mod, DTRL, weathertechs, in-dash NAV, center console light, glovebox light, maglite mounts, BHLM, sockmonkey decals and bumper cover, 886 reverse lights, extra beg rings, undercover, TRD exhaust (painted black), TRD skidplate (custom paint)
    Thank you both for your replies. I have been doing some more research and it looks like the same part number on TRD's site as well...so I think I'm going to go for it. Is there anything I need to watch for or be concerned with when buying a used exhaust? Also, will I need to buy a new gasket or any other small essential part that I might be overlooking or is it as simple as it looks? Thanks again.

5. May 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Read my edit, I had a BAAAD typo

Products Discussed in

To Top