Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Need more Jam in the 05 Tacoma

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
McNardi is on a distinguished road
McNardi's Tacoma Gallery
Need more Jam in the 05 Tacoma

Well, first off I have an 05 4.0L Double cab and just recently put in a Airaid Cold air intake. Ive noticed a little extra performance, however would like more(I pull a 20 ft holiday trailer) Im thinking of the magnaflow catback exhaust. Anyone out there that installed one and if so does it add good gains? Any feed back on this would be great.
Cheers
McNardi
Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
You need to look at pb2themax gallery then his cardomain site if its out there he has done it or knows someone who has.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i have the magnaflow catback installed and its pretty nice. not sure about the gains b/c i put it on after less than 2 months of owning the truck. i really didnt pay too much attention back then...it was pre-TW days...lol
Old 10-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i have the magnaflow catback installed and its pretty nice. not sure about the gains b/c i put it on after less than 2 months of owning the truck. i really didnt pay too much attention back then...it was pre-TW days...lol
did you install it yourself? they say here it only requires regular tools. also how's the sound on it?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

very easy to install. i did it on a concrete slab w/ no jacks or anything. i just rolled under there and did it. the hardest bart is getting the stock exhaust out of the rubber hangers. the magnaflow catback comes in 3 pieces i think....muffler, the pipe connecting the muffler to the downpipe, and then the pipe off the muffler to the rear. the muffler to pipe fittings are pretty much hose clamps...and there are 2 spring loaded bolts that connect the downpipe to the magnaflow pipe. its pretty easy to do. might take an hour if you go slow and take ur time.

EDIT: i do like the sound, but u can hear it a lil too much in the cab i believe. when u get down on it, it's pretty loud and rumbly. even at idle, u can hear it in the cab w/ all windows up and all.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #6
McNardi is on a distinguished road
McNardi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info,
did you notice a increase in power with adding it?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Piss off

it feels like it, but who knows...i also removed the secondary filters and added a k&n drop in.

Products Discussed in this Thread