1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eco Block from crawford performance

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by laney487, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Jan 26, 2015 at 5:15 AM
    laney487

laney487 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Amarillo
    Vehicle:
    13 Texas Edition
    in progress
    Ok not many people believe in getting significant power increases from something that costs 40 dollars but i promise you its true.

Crawford Performance makes these spacers that attach to the MAF Sensor and it promises increased power and mpg, I know it sounds crazy, but they have done the time and research on these and they work. They were designed to lift the MAF sensor and basically gives your car a programmed tune without the tuner or voiding warranty. I was skeptical but i had one on my Scion FRS and i switched between having it and not having it a couple of times and realized it really did work.

They make one for the Tacoma, call Crawford and talk to Jonathan Radiel and he will send you one, if your super skeptical he can usually send one free of charge and if it works pay for it, if not send back. I'm telling you though it works, it will not damage anything, basically Toyota sets your engine to run at about 80 percent efficiency this opens up about 10 percent more from your engine, you'll notice the power difference the more aggressive you drive.. anyways for 40 bucks its the first and best investment i made in my new tacoma way better than a kn filter or something.

Some of you are thinking well lifting the MAF will cause it to run real lean and thats bad... crawford did extensive testing it is hardly 1 percent more lean than stock tune.. which is good.. Anyways i suggest you guys call them up and order one, it takes 1 minute to install and it works.. Ill update you guys on the mpg difference.. on my FRS it was good for an extra mile per gallon.

2. Jan 26, 2015 at 5:27 AM
    Boone

Boone Vaginas are rad.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    Airbags deployed
    :rofl:

dYL0n likes this.
  3. Jan 26, 2015 at 7:21 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Pics.....and link to their product please.

4. Jan 26, 2015 at 7:25 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
  5. Jan 26, 2015 at 7:27 AM
    Darryle

Darryle It is just a truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryle
    Weatherford, Texas
    [​IMG]

http://crawfordperformance.com/product/eco-block-q1/

Crawford Performance / I-Speed USA
    622 Airport Rd
    Oceanside, CA 92058

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  6. Jan 26, 2015 at 7:33 AM
    Darryle

Darryle It is just a truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryle
    Weatherford, Texas
    After seeing the website, I think the OP is fibbing a little, the Scion FRS isn't listed as one of their covered vehicles.

7. Jan 26, 2015 at 7:35 AM
    mikevee

mikevee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    14 prerunner trd offroad
    I feel like I just read the story line of "Lucy"

8. Jan 26, 2015 at 2:15 PM
    Silent1

Silent1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Drexel, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    16 DCSB TRD OR
    :poking:

9. Jan 26, 2015 at 8:24 PM
    Plannerman99

Plannerman99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Our Adventure Vehicle

What? I found it on the application list.

10. Jan 26, 2015 at 10:12 PM
    TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All Wheel Drive X-runner
    TRD Blower, 2.3 Pulley, NST OverDrive Pulley Kit, B&M Shifter, TR Lowering Kit, Spec Clutch, Xrunner Body Kit
    One would think toyota engineers would have realized this if really true:rolleyes:

11. Jan 26, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    30k truck

40$ MAF sensors to unleash the beast

Sounds legit.

Gabex35, jeff b and ChamYota like this.
  12. Jan 26, 2015 at 10:43 PM
    TeamSarcasm

Member:
    The better coast
    Dont forget to replace your blinker fluid while you're in there.

13. Jan 26, 2015 at 10:44 PM
    TeamSarcasm

Member:
    The better coast
    I wonder how much gains someone would get if they got this 40$ part and one of the 30& super chargers from chains/ebay :eek:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  14. Jan 26, 2015 at 10:45 PM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    Interesting OP, I hope you're right. You won't get much of a reaction out of anybody here unless you post a Dyno, though. Surely Crawford has one.

15. Jan 27, 2015 at 5:19 AM
    laney487

laney487 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Amarillo
    Vehicle:
    13 Texas Edition
    in progress
    I would dyno it if I knew where the nearest one is, i live in the south plains, not much here.. the tacoma is going to be the q1 from crawford, if you dont beleive me guys Jonathan Radiel will send you one for free to try if your really gonna complain about a 40 dollar part. All i can say is, it only works best with a stock intake not aftermarket. I posted videos of my truck acceleration to crawfords facebook page, there you will also find plenty of customers commenting about the eco blocks, its simple how it works let me explain to you skeptical people.

Mathematically if you understand how your ECU reads the MAF layouts, its going to raise the MAF and do the same exact thing a 300 dollar cold air intake would do. By repositioning a MAF to a point where the air flow is slower in the intake tube it will change the X axis of every load based table with the ECU. The end result will be an air to fuel ratio and ignition advance that makes more power like you do with a staged tune only on a smaller/safer scale. So you can range from 20hp from a turbo charged engine to as much as 8hp on a small 4 cylinder engine thats na. At the cost its great because there no tampering with ECU and i have expieranced about 1mpg better with the eco block in my FRS, on the tacoma i have yet to get enough data yet to tell you the gains.

I dont work for Crawford, but i am simply explaining the mathematics to you guys, computers are easy to adjust and change if you know what your doing and thats all that crawford did was figure out simple math equations within the ECU..

Let the trolling begin now..

16. Jan 27, 2015 at 5:27 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Sounds quite a bit like the IAT resistors that get sold as performance upgrades....

17. Jan 27, 2015 at 5:34 AM
    magog45

magog45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada, just south of Santa
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma 4x4 extended cab
    5100's all around, 2.75 inch lift, polyurethane body mounts, gibson exhaust, variation of the deckplate mod, intake resonators removed 285-75-16 goodyear AT
    Only 3 posts, probably works for the company judging by the carefully worded descriptions.

18. Jan 27, 2015 at 5:39 AM
    laney487

laney487 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Amarillo
    Vehicle:
    13 Texas Edition
    in progress
    lol i only have 3 posts cuz i just got my tacoma last week.. this is the first tacoma i ever owned..

I have owned a 06 tundra/ 08 tundra and a 14 FRS prior

19. Jan 27, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    laney487

laney487 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Amarillo
    Vehicle:
    13 Texas Edition
    in progress
    after what i experienced in my FRS with Eco-block i figured the first thing i should tell you guys about is the one i got for the tacoma.. oh i do have the 08 FJ Cruiser that i bought for the wife last year.. is my other vehicle.. I got my tacoma on 1/15 installed the eco block 1/22 and noticed the difference hands down.. but then again i am an agressive driver.. if you dont drive aggressive and use all your ponies then you wont notice much difference other than mpg will go up.

I will tell you if you know anything about the toyobru twins the cars are notorius for a cursed torque dip between 3000 and 4500 rpm, after installing the eco block on the FRS the dip was nearly gone and the car picked up much faster.. So yes I beleive in it.. I thought i would be nice and share with my new tacoma community but you guys continue to doubt and they'll even send you the dang thing for free..

20. Jan 27, 2015 at 5:45 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Crawford Performance has been around a long time. They makes a lot of high quality parts. Subaru comes to mind. They are well established in the aftermarket performance industry. Despite the gimmicky appearance of this part, their establishment makes it hard for me to believe that they would put their name behind this part, if it didn't do something.

That being said, I would like to see some before and after dyno's of this part. From them and even another source such as MotoIQ.

Products Discussed in

To Top