Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Is there any point to...

Old 10-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any point to...

...Install my URD TCAI. I am ordering their MAF but it hasnt arrived yet (The TCAI took a month to get here from 50 miles away). I have the standard pipes still on my truck as well. Im very anxious to install it, but should I wait for the other items to get here, or say screw it and slap it on anyway?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'd say screw it and slap it on. u can always tweak it when u get the MAF, but u'd still be getting some sort of gains from it now.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Spyder327 is on a distinguished road

Spyder327's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Spyder327
Install it now, there's no point to wait for the MAF calibrator or anything else, it wont effect anything.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, go ahead and install it. it wont hurt anything. you'll notice a a difference, then when you install the maf calibrator, you'll notice an even bigger difference.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
ARRRRRRG now thats what I wanted to hear matey
Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
I read this on the URD site. Is it serious? Seems a lot of CA people are buying it.

"Legal in California Only for Racing Vehicles Which May Never be Used on a Highway."

Joe
Old 10-30-2007, 05:09 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
I read this on the URD site. Is it serious? Seems a lot of CA people are buying it.

"Legal in California Only for Racing Vehicles Which May Never be Used on a Highway."

Joe
My guess - it depends on "who" is doing your emissions testing.

In Colorado, I found a guy in Broomfield that passed my 72' Scout with CAT or muffler. No one else in the Boulder/Longmont area would pass it.

So, in short, yes it is serious. Can you get around it? - you bet.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I think the reason they say this is a cover your ass statement. I think they're located in Cali. They only know the laws there and do not wish to comment on anything else.

Think about it, everybody is sue crazy now. In theory, someone could buy this to use in Florida and then Florida decides they want to have emissions checks on the offroad vehicles as well.