Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

S/C Install on 05 w/ 98K??

Old 02-16-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
FrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of lightFrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of lightFrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of lightFrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of lightFrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of light
FrostyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
S/C Install on 05 w/ 98K??

Looking to pick the brain of the TW brain trust here .... you're out there, right?

I have an 05 Tacoma w/ about 98K (miles) on it and am looking at having a S/C installed. I own the S/C (no fit kit yet) but have been hesitant in pulling the trigger on installing it onto an "older" vehicle.

So many people (here) seem to get it installed shortly after purchasing new - anyone have any exp having one installed on a more experienced engine?

I talked with the dealer and they didn't have anything negative to say, but some real world experience here would be awesome.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
I installed mine at 99K with no issues except disappointing performance.

http://youtu.be/KcrP7IB9-WU
Old 02-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #4
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Meh. Heavy truck^ :P
Kinda but I'm not the only one to be disappointed with the performance of the TRD SC. Your buddy spoon is one of them.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
It wasn't a rock...

Old 02-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #8
FrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of lightFrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of lightFrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of lightFrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of lightFrostyTaco is a glorious beacon of light
FrostyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo-cat3 View Post
Are you the original owner, kept up on maintenance? I think your fine installing the super charger at your mileage. You already have the main piece - get the fit kit and install it and enjoy it/upgrade it. There's some good deals on a uconn or X1 on the Xrunner forums right now.
second owner, had it for a couple years now. got the S/C when they were a bit cheaper a year ago but just haven't jumped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
I installed mine at 99K with no issues except disappointing performance.
your 0-60 is certainly better than stock - I assume your complaint is with dropping a few K and not getting a huge bump in performance? are you all armoured up?
Old 02-16-2015, 02:23 PM   #9
It wasn't a rock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyTaco View Post
your 0-60 is certainly better than stock - I assume your complaint is with dropping a few K and not getting a huge bump in performance? are you all armoured up?
My 1/8th times are slower. As far as armor goes I have sliders and a front skid but that's it.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:41 PM   #10
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
No lack of performance here, installed around 60K

0-60 run: http://youtu.be/uvB3HtyI4vA