Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

aeroturbine 2525XL

Old 05-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
aeroturbine 2525XL

Anyone running this resonated muffler on their 4.0 V6 could you please post a report on sound, mileage increase (if any) etc. Thanks. I think this is the one I want to put on my truck but would like a little more info on it before pulling the trigger.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
ToyoFF1274 is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
ToyoFF1274's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to know as well. I have been debating on getting one of these for my truck, for a while now. I know there are some videos on youtube of these mufflers. But i would like to know if there are any mileage and power gains.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
yes, I am.. Check it out in the muffler sound clip thread.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to hear an aeroturbine with the resonator in person. These vids make the trucks sound somewhat like a dirt bike.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running it as well. Sorry I don't have any sound clips right now. As far as mileage don't expect a change because you'll be busy stepping on the gas more often so you can hear it when you really get on it. I like the sound, not loud or annoying in the cab at all, but sounds great when you step on it.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
Anyone running this resonated muffler on their 4.0 V6 could you please post a report on sound, mileage increase (if any) etc. Thanks. I think this is the one I want to put on my truck but would like a little more info on it before pulling the trigger.
I have the 2525 installed right now and will be installing the resonator this week.

Sound clip of the current setup is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmeTVoSi_Y