1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

True FLow XDi Intake

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Tacoma_CT, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Nov 4, 2007 at 9:53 AM
    Tacoma_CT

Tacoma_CT [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Bristol CT
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 with TRD Sp
    True Flow XDI Air Intake, Borla exaust, Hunter brush gaurd, Hunter nurf bars, Toyota Roof rack Comming SOON.. Glass works fenders
    [​IMG]
    if image dosent work look in my photos love the sound in high RPMs and let me tell you i can hit the gas near the loudest muscle cars and i will get them to take a glance at whats coming ....... its not CARB approved yet so not street legal i duno how much of a horse power gain i got but trust me it was noticable..... it bolts on realy easly and has a great look

Has anyone else installed this in there tacoma or anything.. tell me how you liked it or flaws

2. Nov 4, 2007 at 9:58 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Nice looking intake!

[​IMG]

3. Nov 4, 2007 at 10:03 AM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    Sorry haven't heard anything about those. It looks impressive, was there any specs that came with it giving you an estimated gain spec? Definitely wanna know when you get that video, want to know exactly what you are talking about.

4. Nov 5, 2007 at 5:21 PM
    Big Guns

Big Guns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 4.0L Indigo Blue
    Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, Black Headlight Mod, DO Rock Sliders
    I looked at these in comparison with K&N and Volant and i like what i have heard about the TrueFLow. We should get some posts from people with each setup regarding their experience for those of us looking around.

I like the XDi's look. Different from the usual K&N.

5. Nov 8, 2007 at 8:50 PM
    Stumeister

Stumeister Carolina Alliance: Dirty South Division

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner sr5 4x4
    Tacoma CT,

So you really like this intake? How long did it take you to install? I just got a Tacoma last Sunday and I want to put on an intake first. My brother has the K&N on his Taco but after reading about everyon else's experiences I don't really want that one. I just watched that infomercial where they put the Trueflow up against the paper and gauze filters and it looked awesome.

Stu

6. Nov 9, 2007 at 5:14 PM
    Redroadrider

Redroadrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Any thoughts on how to get this beast in a 2003 2.7l/4cyl? Or is that a really bad idea? :)

7. Nov 13, 2007 at 7:20 PM
    Tacoma_CT

Member:
    Bristol CT
    Vehicle:
    True Flow XDI Air Intake, Borla exaust, Hunter brush gaurd, Hunter nurf bars, Toyota Roof rack Comming SOON.. Glass works fenders
    sorry about no response been bizzy but yea im trying to find a place to dyno my truck right now i can tell you i defenetly had power gains.....on the internet iv seen anywhere from 5-32hp and about 8-48lbs of torq but i dont belive anything i read.... when i get the dyno report it will be with a borla exaust which shouldnt have givin me more then 10hp and 12LBs of torq for the borla that is.. but yea i love the sound of it im pissed i put the borla on now i cant get a video of just the intake but probly after you hear the both of these working together you might go the same way as me ill try to get the video for you tommaro and ill link it...... iv rambled on for way to long just trust me its a beast and wow almost forgot to awser this but it actualy takes more time to take off your old intake than to put this one on should take you less than 1hr for hole thing and its simple.......

DO NOT FORGET ITS NOT STREET LEGAL YET>>>

8. Nov 13, 2007 at 7:37 PM
    Stumeister

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner sr5 4x4
    I just ordered one last Friday and it should be shipping this Thursday. I can't wait to put it on. Isn't it legal in some states? I thought I read somewhere it still wasn't approved in only some states like California. I don't care though I just won't let any cops check under my hood;)

Redroadrider...I don't know if that would work or not but I am guessing it would be a bad idea lol. It would be sweet though

9. Nov 13, 2007 at 8:15 PM
    Tacoma_CT

Member:
    Bristol CT
    Vehicle:
    i duno how it would work id say dont be the first.... i guess i never realy described the sound from it but you dont realy hear it sucking in air like a traditional intake it more or less takes my V6 to a V8 but you cant tell till your at about 2000rpm

10. Nov 14, 2007 at 6:14 AM
    Stumeister

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner sr5 4x4
    So is it loud when you floor it??

11. Nov 15, 2007 at 6:15 PM
    Tacoma_CT

Member:
    Bristol CT
    Vehicle:
    it sounds like a big V8 when you floor it it might actualy be louder

12. Nov 19, 2007 at 12:51 PM
    Stumeister

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner sr5 4x4
    Tacoma CT,

Where did you order your intake from? I ordered mine from realtruck.com back on 11/10 and they still haven't shipped it yet:mad:!!!! I'm getting really angry. If they don't ship it by tomorrow I'm calling to give them an ear full.

Stu

13. Nov 23, 2007 at 11:36 AM
    Tacoma_CT

Member:
    Bristol CT
    Vehicle:
    i ordered direct from trueflow and got it in 2-3 days but i also paid more my dad ordered his from truckcustomizers and he might have paid $80 less but his shipped in about 1.5-2 weeks

its all about how badly you wanted it i truly wish i paid less but i do love that sound and by the way my dads was $300 shipped mine was $386 free shipping on mine.... what did you pay

14. Nov 28, 2007 at 10:26 AM
    Big Guns

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    What is the housing made out of? Its prob just the paint, but it looks metal to me. Dont want to have to worry about heat soak if im investing that much money into the intake.

15. Nov 28, 2007 at 2:54 PM
    Tacoma_CT

Member:
    Bristol CT
    Vehicle:
    its metal of some kind if its alluminum its a thicker aluminum but i realy dont know its painted of cource but you could always try to order just the bigg hiusing that the filter goes in and get a rubber hose

16. Nov 28, 2007 at 3:19 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    How do you like your Borla exhaust? Does it sound good? I have been looking at exhaust systems, and Borla is at the top of my list.

17. Nov 28, 2007 at 8:22 PM
    Stumeister

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner sr5 4x4
    TacomaCT,

I ordered mine from realtruck.com and got it for about $280-295 shipped. I got a discount because I found a code online that gave me an extra $33 bucks off:D.

18. Nov 28, 2007 at 10:04 PM
    jonbob1

jonbob1 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    brand spanking new SR5 TRD Tacoma
    nothing yet
    This si great, give me somthing to search for and install f or feed back to the masses.

19. Nov 29, 2007 at 10:40 AM
    Big Guns

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    Do you guys have any heat soak problems with it being metal?

20. Nov 29, 2007 at 2:33 PM
    Stumeister

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner sr5 4x4
    Big Guns I don't know because I haven't received mine yet. But what makes the True Flow different is the sponge filter. Go on Youtube and search "True Flow" to watch their video when they compare it to K&N and a regular paper filter.

Products Discussed in

To Top