Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

True FLow XDi Intake

Old 11-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
Tacoma_CT is on a distinguished road
Tacoma_CT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tacoma_CT
True FLow XDi Intake

if image dosent work look in my photos love the sound in high RPMs and let me tell you i can hit the gas near the loudest muscle cars and i will get them to take a glance at whats coming ....... its not CARB approved yet so not street legal i duno how much of a horse power gain i got but trust me it was noticable..... it bolts on realy easly and has a great look

Has anyone else installed this in there tacoma or anything.. tell me how you liked it or flaws
Old 11-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking intake!

Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Sorry haven't heard anything about those. It looks impressive, was there any specs that came with it giving you an estimated gain spec? Definitely wanna know when you get that video, want to know exactly what you are talking about.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at these in comparison with K&N and Volant and i like what i have heard about the TrueFLow. We should get some posts from people with each setup regarding their experience for those of us looking around.

I like the XDi's look. Different from the usual K&N.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Dirty South Division
Stumeister is on a distinguished road

Stumeister's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma CT,

So you really like this intake? How long did it take you to install? I just got a Tacoma last Sunday and I want to put on an intake first. My brother has the K&N on his Taco but after reading about everyon else's experiences I don't really want that one. I just watched that infomercial where they put the Trueflow up against the paper and gauze filters and it looked awesome.

Stu
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #6
No Mo Taco :(
Redroadrider is on a distinguished road

Redroadrider's Tacoma Gallery
Any thoughts on how to get this beast in a 2003 2.7l/4cyl? Or is that a really bad idea?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
sorry about no response been bizzy but yea im trying to find a place to dyno my truck right now i can tell you i defenetly had power gains.....on the internet iv seen anywhere from 5-32hp and about 8-48lbs of torq but i dont belive anything i read.... when i get the dyno report it will be with a borla exaust which shouldnt have givin me more then 10hp and 12LBs of torq for the borla that is.. but yea i love the sound of it im pissed i put the borla on now i cant get a video of just the intake but probly after you hear the both of these working together you might go the same way as me ill try to get the video for you tommaro and ill link it...... iv rambled on for way to long just trust me its a beast and wow almost forgot to awser this but it actualy takes more time to take off your old intake than to put this one on should take you less than 1hr for hole thing and its simple.......

DO NOT FORGET ITS NOT STREET LEGAL YET>>>
Old 11-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #8

I just ordered one last Friday and it should be shipping this Thursday. I can't wait to put it on. Isn't it legal in some states? I thought I read somewhere it still wasn't approved in only some states like California. I don't care though I just won't let any cops check under my hood

Redroadrider...I don't know if that would work or not but I am guessing it would be a bad idea lol. It would be sweet though
Old 11-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #9
i duno how it would work id say dont be the first.... i guess i never realy described the sound from it but you dont realy hear it sucking in air like a traditional intake it more or less takes my V6 to a V8 but you cant tell till your at about 2000rpm
Old 11-14-2007, 06:14 AM   #10

So is it loud when you floor it??
Old 11-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #11
it sounds like a big V8 when you floor it it might actualy be louder
Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #12

Tacoma CT,

Where did you order your intake from? I ordered mine from realtruck.com back on 11/10 and they still haven't shipped it yet!!!! I'm getting really angry. If they don't ship it by tomorrow I'm calling to give them an ear full.

Stu
Old 11-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
i ordered direct from trueflow and got it in 2-3 days but i also paid more my dad ordered his from truckcustomizers and he might have paid $80 less but his shipped in about 1.5-2 weeks

its all about how badly you wanted it i truly wish i paid less but i do love that sound and by the way my dads was $300 shipped mine was $386 free shipping on mine.... what did you pay
Old 11-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #14
What is the housing made out of? Its prob just the paint, but it looks metal to me. Dont want to have to worry about heat soak if im investing that much money into the intake.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:54 PM   #15
its metal of some kind if its alluminum its a thicker aluminum but i realy dont know its painted of cource but you could always try to order just the bigg hiusing that the filter goes in and get a rubber hose
Old 11-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #16
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma_CT View Post
its metal of some kind if its alluminum its a thicker aluminum but i realy dont know its painted of cource but you could always try to order just the bigg hiusing that the filter goes in and get a rubber hose
How do you like your Borla exhaust? Does it sound good? I have been looking at exhaust systems, and Borla is at the top of my list.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #17

TacomaCT,

I ordered mine from realtruck.com and got it for about $280-295 shipped. I got a discount because I found a code online that gave me an extra $33 bucks off.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #18
jonbob1 is on a distinguished road
jonbob1's Tacoma Gallery
This si great, give me somthing to search for and install f or feed back to the masses.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #19
Do you guys have any heat soak problems with it being metal?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #20

Big Guns I don't know because I haven't received mine yet. But what makes the True Flow different is the sponge filter. Go on Youtube and search "True Flow" to watch their video when they compare it to K&N and a regular paper filter.