Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

custom turbo setup !

Old 05-19-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
rexrunner is on a distinguished road
rexrunner's Tacoma Gallery
custom turbo setup !

A lil background. Im a full time paramedic student and work apprx 20 hrs a week, so all this is done on free time, with a budget in mind. I did all the work my self, besides some tig welding on the aluminum. I still need to clean up the fit and finish a lil, and bolt up the hot side charge pipe, but other then that here ya go. All comments and questions are welcome

Old 05-19-2009, 06:41 AM   #2
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
dude that is so sickkkkkk! welcome to tw! i will be following this build to the end! cant wait to see it done and to hear a vid too!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
4x4Taco will become famous soon enough4x4Taco will become famous soon enough

4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
How much boost you going to run? Setup looks nice.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Man that looks bad ass so what kind of numbers are you expecting from this setup?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work! Welcome to the site and keep us posted on progress!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
sweeeeeeeeet turbos all the way
Old 05-19-2009, 06:58 AM   #7
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
awesome!! i love turbo'd tacos. makes me wish i had the time, money, and skills to do it.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:13 AM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. How much have you spent so far?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
I spent a good amount,and that was doing everything myslef but with top quality parts.

Im going for about 400 daily and hopefully 500 just for a few runs.

Thanks you guys for all the kind words, Im on xru and ct, but this is my first time on this forum
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
heres a lil update, I had about 2 hrs free today. the wg pipe has a mount, that bolts it to the transmission as extra support. You can barely see it in the picture

I got the muffler location, and my pipes came in a day late so I could finish the exhaust

Old 05-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
ok heres the newly made downpipe before coating

Old 05-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #13
BOOSTEDTACO is on a distinguished road

BOOSTEDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome and I can't wait to see the result!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:50 AM   #14
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
Is this all a part of a kit or how was the whole project planned out? How is the waste gate, ignition, and fueling controlled? Needs a new computer to manage the above variables?

I loved the turbocharging on the Cummins diesels I owned. In fact it would be awesome if Toyota put a small diesel (turbocharged) in the Tacoma as an option.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Are you driveing the compressor with only one side of the exhaust?
Old 05-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
wastegate being used is a tial 38mm, 5 psi spring, Im using the apexi avc-r boost controller.

The fueling and ignition is being controlled/modified with the aem fic piggyback. The computer was installed approx 6 months prior to starting project.

Both sides are "spooling" the turbo. if you look on the manifold, you will see a 2" pipe that comes down, Thats from the crossover pipe. I will try to get more pics weds for you to help explain
Old 05-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #18
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Me likey, cool setup! Its neat that you have the ability to do the stuff yourself without going and buying a kit. Wish I could do that kind of stuff myself.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:21 AM   #19
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexrunner View Post
wastegate being used is a tial 38mm, 5 psi spring, Im using the apexi avc-r boost controller.

The fueling and ignition is being controlled/modified with the aem fic piggyback. The computer was installed approx 6 months prior to starting project.

Both sides are "spooling" the turbo. if you look on the manifold, you will see a 2" pipe that comes down, Thats from the crossover pipe. I will try to get more pics weds for you to help explain
so when you are running 5 psi or cranking it up for some more ponies? i think 5 should be reliable yet still keep you spinning the tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Speak english dammit!!!!

what is there not to understand?