Old 05-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Alfred E. Neuman
JakeMan is on a distinguished road
JakeMan's Tacoma Gallery
performance clutch

does anyone have any input on this subject?stage 2 or stage 4
Old 05-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
It is stronger probably.

Well, it doesn't take much to beat the stock clutch...
Old 05-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
I just installed a Stage 4 in my Xrunner a few weeks ago. I love it!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't race or have some sort of custom setup (Like a turbo) your stock will be fine go with a stage 2. I have a stage 2 and mine is fine. I do a lot of towing (5000lb trailers) I have headers, k&n and custom exhaust. I went with these guys and saved a lot of money. http://gripforce.com/store/ there stuff is good quality too I have had no problems with it
Old 05-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Someone mind breaking it down barney style on what this does exactly?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew5olson View Post
If you don't race or have some sort of custom setup (Like a turbo) your stock will be fine go with a stage 2. I have a stage 2 and mine is fine. I do a lot of towing (5000lb trailers) I have headers, k&n and custom exhaust. I went with these guys and saved a lot of money. http://gripforce.com/store/ there stuff is good quality too I have had no problems with it

I dont see our clutch on their page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Someone mind breaking it down barney style on what this does exactly?
On exactly what does, the clutch? You replace the stock clutch disc and pressure plate for something stronger, and of a different material for better grabbing power. If you tow, a better clutch helps the transmission handle heavier loads. If you race or run big power, the stock clutch will start to slip because to much torque is being applied to the stock clutch disc, and it cannot hold anymore. Also, the stocks are known for separating.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:14 AM   #7
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
yeah that is wierd. There is one under the 4-runner but when i bought it they had a lot more. Here's their ebay site with all tacomas. No 2nd gen products however. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/gripforc...&submit=Search