Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

did the magnaflow

Old 05-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
did the magnaflow

Had the local muffler shop weld in a Magnaflow. I was surprised that it seemed a little quieter than the identical muffler di in my '07 DC with the 4.0l v6. I noticed that this one was welded in with the oval sideways and the one in the '07 had the oval vertical. I don't see why that would make a difference. Anyway the magnaflow sounds pretty darn good. I think I should see at least another mpg if it does like in my '07. The price was a whopping $129 so should be good for a bunch of miles. When this one rusts out, will probably try a TRD cat-back. Very happy with this one. Can barely hear it in cab when cruising on hiway, when get on the throttle it is quite a bit louder but not like those coffee-can muff ricer cars. If someone was to ask me about magnaflow, I would say they should definitely consider it. I have the AFE drop-in (dry) filter and when I get 3000 miles on I will change over to synthetic and put my oil filtration bypass system on. Will take some pictures and post when that gets done.