Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

YAY I found good gas

Old 05-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
YAY I found good gas

After searching fruitlessly for a while to find an ethanol free gas station, I did it. I decided to start filling up at the chevron since it is the only top tier gas in the area.

First fill up was before I went home from college. I was fully loaded (more space than weight) and got 27.7 mpg. So after driving back down with no load at all and got 24.4 mpg, it was time for another fill up.

I went back to the same chevron. After filling up, I went in to pay and struck a conversation with the old mechanic who rang me up. We talked about gas blends and he told me that the marathon down the road was top tier as well.

Best piece of info he gave me was that they do not have ethanol in their gas!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the ethanol in my gas. And all the stations in oregon have it(pretty sure). I noticed a 5-10% drop in fuel economy along with the 10% ethanol being added last year. And now the carbuerator in my chainsaw is going bad- the owner of the local saw shop said my saw was prone to carb issues but the ethanol is increasing the speed of the process.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i have yet to find a ethanol free gas station
Old 05-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I hate the ethanol in my gas. And all the stations in oregon have it(pretty sure). I noticed a 5-10% drop in fuel economy along with the 10% ethanol being added last year. And now the carbuerator in my chainsaw is going bad- the owner of the local saw shop said my saw was prone to carb issues but the ethanol is increasing the speed of the process.

Funny you should mention that. The mechanic I talked to was telling me how a bunch of people come to him now for gas, because ethanol ruined their mowers, weed eaters, etc.

I didn't post that initially because I figured the ethanol-huggers would call it out for no evidence haha
Old 05-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Speedway does not use ethanol...i don't think Shell or BP do either. they have to put a disclaimer on the pumps here if they use it. two cheapest gas stations in town use it Sheetz and Murphy. i run Speedway 91 oct. almost exclusively.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Live 15 miles from a county that is 2 counties away from a metro area to supposedly get ethanol free gas. Haven't found it yet.........
Old 05-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #7
ianham is on a distinguished road
ianham's Tacoma Gallery
Why is everyone hatting on the ethanol? In Manitoba (Canada) gas companies are required to have a minimum 10% ethanol in the gas. Seems to do no harm.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianham View Post
Why is everyone hatting on the ethanol? In Manitoba (Canada) gas companies are required to have a minimum 10% ethanol in the gas. Seems to do no harm.
For one I don't think sacrificing world hunger for energy consumption is wise.

I get better gas mileage. But for the most part, I think it is too young of a technology to trust my engine to. I don't thing the R&D has come far enough for the government to require we run it.

If it was made from switchgrass, that would be another story...
Old 05-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianham View Post
Guess you don't run a boat or like getting lower mpg. ethanol attracts moisture and moisture is bad .... mmmkay
Old 05-27-2009, 04:25 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
And it takes more energy to produce than we get out of it & most cars aren't designed to run on it, etc etc etc. Maybe sawgrass optional niche market thing but mandatory for everyone in most metro areas? Bullshit! Getting less mpg means you're burning more of it to go same distance. Sux! Which means you have to buy it more often. Sux! Burning more to go same distance means more "cleaner?" fumes into atmosphere. Defeats the whole fucking purpose! Mindless garbage hype to sway the brainless!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #11
Mean Green Machine
98yota is on a distinguished road

98yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
Speedway does not use ethanol...i don't think Shell or BP do either. they have to put a disclaimer on the pumps here if they use it. two cheapest gas stations in town use it Sheetz and Murphy. i run Speedway 91 oct. almost exclusively.
ehh..last time i checked BP uses 10% ethanol.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #12
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98yota View Post
ehh..last time i checked BP uses 10% ethanol.
Yay around here they do. In fact they were one of the "pioneers" in ethanol so they won't get rid of it any time soon
Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
Mean Green Machine

98yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Yay around here they do. In fact they were one of the "pioneers" in ethanol so they won't get rid of it any time soon
The one in my town got shut down a few months ago, but didn't bother me any to say the least haha
Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Ya there a few here at Virginia Tech but I am going to use the chevron from now on
Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #15
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I filled up over the weekend out of town with ethanol free fuel and there is a difference. Unfortunatly here it is impossible to find ethanol free fuel
Old 05-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #16
Mean Green Machine

98yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya there a few here at Virginia Tech but I am going to use the chevron from now on
agreed. theres one chevron in radford. Sheets has the cheapest gas, but i also get the worst fuel mileage from there haha...the irony of it all.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #17
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98yota View Post
agreed. theres one chevron in radford. Sheets has the cheapest gas, but i also get the worst fuel mileage from there haha...the irony of it all.
Haha i noticed that too. I ate there before our rugby match last fall, when I had dislocation #2 of my shoulder
Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #18
Mean Green Machine

98yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha i noticed that too. I ate there before our rugby match last fall, when I had dislocation #2 of my shoulder
ahh damn, I know the feeling. I dislocated my knee a few years back. Definitely not a pleasant experience haha