1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MBRP Performance Cat Back Exhaust System

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by MurphMan, May 29, 2009.

1. May 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan [OP] Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Anyone run one of these setups? Looking for honest feedback. Thinking about the SS409 set.

Thanks. Murph

2. Jun 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    MurphMan

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    No one?

3. Jun 1, 2009 at 5:53 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    i had a mbrp duals on my cummins switched over to borla mbrp makes good stuff, just always seem more popular with the diesel models, im sure they are fine for gas engines too. i noticed the pipes i put on my truck and my friends truck i had to cut to fit but they give good measurements. shouldnt be a problems with the pipes man

4. Jun 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    MurphMan

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks for the reply. My main concern is interior resonance. I had a magnaflow 50 on an older Exploder and the thing droned bad about 2500rpm. Long trips sucked. Just trying to make sure the mbrp setup won't do the same thing. I don't mind spending the money if it's not obnoxious and drone-free.

5. Jun 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    it shouldnt be bad, the muffler is designed to be reversible straight through just make sure you dont tighten the muffler back down till you listen to the sound if you dont like the sound one way flip it around and try that it will be different, noticed that when i did mine

Products Discussed in

To Top