LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD CAI advice/pics

Old 05-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
grantfire319 has a spectacular aura aboutgrantfire319 has a spectacular aura aboutgrantfire319 has a spectacular aura about
grantfire319's Tacoma Gallery
URD CAI advice/pics

After reviewing and searching old posts for info on TW and XR-Underground, I think I am going with the URD CAI. Mainly for the sound it makes. I want something loud (something to make people think the hood scoop is actually functional haha). The numbers ran on both seem to be about the same as HP and temp goes. There was an old thread that had the install pics on it. Anybody have or know the link to it. Thanks! And I dont mean to beat a dead horse here about CAI's.

BTW- XR underground is a pretty cool site too, lots of good info as well.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Your truck, your mods man. Don't let anyone else chose your mods for you.

The URD intake is probably the loudest of the intakes out there. The K&N 77 series has metal tubing as well and paired with an open filter, it is a very loud intake also. Most of the other ones are much quieter then those two.

I'm running the 63 series K&N, and when I was N/A it sounded like an angry chewbaca under the hood.

here is a vid of what my intake sounded like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms70a...e=channel_page

I chose not to go with the URD because of the design (MAF placement and filter placemement).
Old 05-30-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
grantfire319 has a spectacular aura aboutgrantfire319 has a spectacular aura aboutgrantfire319 has a spectacular aura about
grantfire319's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm, I guess we shall see. Thanks for the info.

Products Discussed in this Thread