Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD y-pipe fitment pics

Old 06-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #21
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
sorry it took so long. here it is.... dont mind the dirt.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Wow....I dont know if I like that going right under the tranny.....Alot of radiated heat there.....
Old 06-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #23
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i was originally thinking the same thing.... but then i figured that URD is a reputable company that should have done their research. And im sure there were more than one head in on the construction of the pipe so id imagine they considered that.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #24
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
i was originally thinking the same thing.... but then i figured that URD is a reputable company that should have done their research. And im sure there were more than one head in on the construction of the pipe so id imagine they considered that.
They also have to consider cost, ease of install, and expense....sometimes cost can outweigh other factors.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
They also have to consider cost, ease of install, and expense....sometimes cost can outweigh other factors.
Thats very true.

But would you think its cost that is the cause of them routing it under the tranny? I mean after all we see that Silverback did a different routing method that was a fraction of the cost.

shoot, the thorley pipe bomb not only has more piping but it also has 2 resonators..... and its $200 less than the URD Y, so i dont think cost is why, but i dont know what other reason they would route it there.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Thats very true.

But would you think its cost that is the cause of them routing it under the tranny? I mean after all we see that Silverback did a different routing method that was a fraction of the cost.

shoot, the thorley pipe bomb not only has more piping but it also has 2 resonators..... and its $200 less than the URD Y, so i dont think cost is why, but i dont know what other reason they would route it there.
Not sure what the reasoning is behind the design, but I do know that the #1 nemissis of an auto tranny is heat. Personally, I dont think its a good design, but Im sure Gadget could explain better.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Not sure what the reasoning is behind the design, but I do know that the #1 nemissis of an auto tranny is heat. Personally, I dont think its a good design, but Im sure Gadget could explain better.
I hear ya..... well i hope its not too much heat under there..... what do you think about wrapping just the Y with the heat tape? you think that would help reduce heat under the tranny?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #28

Quote:
I hear ya..... well i hope its not too much heat under there..... what do you think about wrapping just the Y with the heat tape? you think that would help reduce heat under the tranny?
To be honest with ya, I would do something. If you cant have it re routed, at least wrap it in heat tape.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #29

for you Chris.... well and for my truck of course.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #30
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Just got back from the muffler shop. Had them re-route my Y pipe out from under the t-case and around the backside of it. I had them reuse the factory "Y" for now, I found a Magnaflow high-flow Y-pipe piece that I'll have them install when I swap out the muffler. But for $125 its not bad. Still need to install the BB t-case skid.

That looks awesome...Exactly what I want to do before I get skids....
Old 06-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #31

Good Job! Your truck/tranny will thank you!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #32
HOSS454 is on a distinguished road
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
i was just wondering if this y pipe would work if you are lifted 6". from the pics, it looks like it might interfere with the driveshaft.