Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD y-pipe fitment pics

Old 06-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
URD y-pipe fitment pics

Anyone have pictures of how this thing fits? I am looking to replace my low hanging stock Y pipe, I heard the URD tucked up above the frame, but looking up there, i am not sure where it would go.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You could always have an exhaust shop make you one...........
Old 06-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

truth. The place by me wants 500 for a custom exhaust, I cant remember if that was y-pipe back or headers back.

the latter would be a good deal
Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
truth. The place by me wants 500 for a custom exhaust, I cant remember if that was y-pipe back or headers back.

the latter would be a good deal
DAM!....Place out here only charges $250 or so...... Maybe the URD is the best route.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Rock Solid Toy

haha yeah mean, you have to remember, i am in JERSEY... everything is a rip off here.. I pretty much have to pay the state just to take a shit.

But as far as the URD goes, does it tuck up out of the way? because without seeing a picture i dont see how it could
Old 06-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #6

Quote:
haha yeah mean, you have to remember, i am in JERSEY... everything is a rip off here.. I pretty much have to pay the state just to take a shit.

But as far as the URD goes, does it tuck up out of the way? because without seeing a picture i dont see how it could
I think it runs behind teh tranny, over the DS. I havent seen it in person.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
are u 4x4 or prerunner?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

urd has two pipes, one is for the x-runner/prerunner and the other one is for the 4x4 which is not pictured on their site. i have the DT y-pipe and its tucked up there good
Old 06-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
Rock Solid Toy

yeah i am 4x4. Silverback, im sure this goes without saying, but post pics up when you get that thing. $500 was from headers back im pretty sure, b ut yeah it was high, hence the reason i have not done anything about it yet.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
yeah i am 4x4. Silverback, im sure this goes without saying, but post pics up when you get that thing. $500 was from headers back im pretty sure, b ut yeah it was high, hence the reason i have not done anything about it yet.
youll be fine with the urd. but its pretty much 500 bucks. IMO i will go with the one thats already made with a good reputation and install it urself, rather than some jeerzy spike haired meathead do my pipe for the same price
Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
youll be fine with the urd. but its pretty much 500 bucks. IMO i will go with the one thats already made with a good reputation and install it urself, rather than some jeerzy spike haired meathead do my pipe for the same price

haha dude so true! and i am ready to pull the trigger on the URD, just need to know that it will sit up above my frame rails, and i have yet to see a picture of it fitted.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #12
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
haha dude so true! and i am ready to pull the trigger on the URD, just need to know that it will sit up above my frame rails, and i have yet to see a picture of it fitted.
yes it well fit up there good, thats why gadget made two different models. if u wanna to double check for a piece of mind, just give gadget a call and hes always there to help out fellow taco owners. the man is legit!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #13
Rock Solid Toy

?? is gadget the guy at URD?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #14
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
?? is gadget the guy at URD?
yup, founder, creator, inventor, tester, etc!!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #16
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Looks clean. But I'm not too crazy about the idea of the exhaust pipe that close to my transmission... not a good place for heat. But I suppose as long as you are traveling and not parked it won't be an issue. For wheeling, where low speed is often the case I'd want some sort of heat shield above the Y pipe where it crosses the transmission.

thats a good thought, but isnt the stock pipe over the tranny as well? or the transfer case anyway.. Its just more towards the xmember and a bit lower.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #17
Rock Solid Toy

true. Hey totally offtopic Q that maybe you know the answer to, what are misalignment spacers for?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #18
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
this is the only pic i have of my y-pipe. ill take more pics tomorrow of it actually on under the truck.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #19
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
this is the only pic i have of my y-pipe. ill take more pics tomorrow of it actually on under the truck.

sweet thanks for the pictar!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #20
Rock Solid Toy

nice! did they secure it good?