Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD tcai

Old 11-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
TACOMAN22 will become famous soon enoughTACOMAN22 will become famous soon enough

TACOMAN22's Tacoma Gallery
URD tcai

i was looking to get one but i have a couple questions...

1. do you have to cut anything to get it to go behind teh grill?

2. do you NEED a maf calibrator rigth away?

thanks and if you guys think theres a better intake out there tell me im open to change.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
1. Yes, you need to cut a hole for the air intake in the front of the engine compartment next to the passenger side front headlight.

2. Its recommended, but you dont have to. Im running mine without a MAF cal. right now and its great. No loss of MPG, just a smooth, aggressive sounding, more responsive engine.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
hokihigh is on a distinguished road
hokihigh's Tacoma Gallery
1. do you have to cut anything to get it to go behind the grill?

Yes, but URD sends you a template. Its very easy to do.

2. do you NEED a maf calibrator right away?

No, but you should have the MAF and a catback exhaust. Because you are going taking in more air and to see the max effect you will need these things.

thanks and if you guys think theres a better intake out there tell me im open to change.

As for a better CAI, it depends on what your going to be doing with the truck. If your staying on the highway and only doing light wheeling and not crossing deep water the URD is the way to go IMO. But if your doing heavy wheeling in water well there some better choices. And I have the URD intake, MAF Cal, and a Banks 3 inch exhaust.

I hope this helps.

hokihigh
Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #5
TACOMAN22 will become famous soon enoughTACOMAN22 will become famous soon enough

yah thanks guys i think ill go with the urd... i dont think ill be going into any rivers or will i....maybe ill go with the AFE
Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMAN22 View Post
thanks did you cut the hole yourself?
yeah, it was easy. Just go buy an "air body saw" from Harbor Freight Tools for about $12.00 (yes, $12.00) its an awesome little air saw that will cut through the metal like butter.

I have a MAF cal. on the way and im still deciding on which exhaust i want. Cant wait

Ted
Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
yeah, it was easy. Just go buy an "air body saw" from Harbor Freight Tools for about $12.00 (yes, $12.00) its an awesome little air saw that will cut through the metal like butter.

I have a MAF cal. on the way and im still deciding on which exhaust i want. Cant wait

Ted
What are you deciding between for exhaust?