1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intake Installation: Warranty Void?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by T0LLPHR33, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Nov 14, 2007 at 8:32 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    Anyone know if installing an intake void your factory warranty? What if you get toyota to install the intake for you would that void your warranty?

2. Nov 14, 2007 at 8:56 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    It only voids it if they can prove something fails due to the intake.

For instance, the MAF sensor might fail if you use an oiled filter. I would say they would not warranty that.

Of course, you could always replace the factory filter with the aftermarket before you bring it in for service.

3. Nov 14, 2007 at 9:29 AM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    i have been hearing a lot of people mention that the engine maintenance light stays on as soon as they install their new intake. i am about to install it right now but wanted to find out about the warranty first. if it did void it then i would go and take it down to toyota so that they can install it.

4. Nov 14, 2007 at 9:55 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I don't know anything about the maintenance light.

I'm assuming you are planning on installing the TRD intake. Toyota won't take any responsibility for the intake if they didn't make it, they probably won't install it either.

5. Nov 14, 2007 at 10:20 AM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    I got a Fujitsu Short Ram Intake. I haven't heard much good things about the TRD Cold Air Intake. Anyone show has the TRD CAI could you let me know your reactions on to your gains with that intake.

6. Nov 14, 2007 at 2:38 PM
    Kevin296@adelphia.net

Kevin296@adelphia.net Member

Member:
    Central NY
    Vehicle:
    Rad Red Sport
    TRD exhaust TRD CAI Urd Maf Cal TRD seat covers Black Tacoma and Toyota Emblems Subbie ant
    You will see the most gains with a combo CAI ,Exhaust and most importantly a URD MAF Calibrator. I have the TRD CAI and I am happy with it, heard a lot of good things with the URD Cai. This is of course based on the butt dyno but all three upgrades makes a difference.

7. Nov 14, 2007 at 7:46 PM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    after installing the fujita short ram intake today on my friends 2007 tacoma 4.0 V6 there were significant gains. you could hear the intake sucking from idol but as soon as you put the throttle on the intake jumps up in power around 3000 RPM. incredible sound and extremely throaty.

8. Dec 15, 2007 at 11:44 PM
    spencer_hong

spencer_hong Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    K&N Air Charger CAI 63 Series, Flowmaster Delta 50 Series Muffler, Helo Maxx6 Black Wheels 17'', Blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, interior neon,, Luminics H4 Pure Blue headlight bulbs, Luminics H10 Pure Blue Fog Light bulbs, 10% tint all around, blacked out emblems, Pioneer In-Dash DVD
    It won't void the warranty unless you end up with some dicks at the dealer who will tell you it voided it. I've called 3 local dealerships and you can tell whos a good mechanic and whos an a-hole.

I was worried about the Maint. light, but that hasn't been a problem at all.

Keep the stock air intake though so you can always put it back in if they complain. I put my intake in myself, so I kept the old one just incase.

9. Dec 17, 2007 at 11:29 AM
    JohnJ

JohnJ New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma SR5
    Bull Bar, KC lights, Leveling kit, ProComp Rims, 33in BFG ATs
    I have been calling around and talking to the Toyota Dealerships in my area and I am getting a lot of different answers. I've gotten everything from only Toyota products installed by Toyota dealers are authorized to.......Sure you can put on whatever product you want just as long as you return it to it's original state before being serviced to........It's all up to your Toyota Dealership. So, I think I am going to go with the TRD CAI and of course have them install so they can't say I did something wrong.

10. Dec 17, 2007 at 11:45 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    That is BS. They have to prove that your modification caused the malfunction or failure.

11. Dec 23, 2007 at 2:54 PM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have been speaking with my service manager about URD and K&N for my 10,000 service. He never mentioned TRD. Toyota will install whatever we decide while they are at it so, there is no warranty issue here. My shop manual has yet to come so I don`t know what I am looking at.
    It is a TRD Off Road, Perhaps it has the TRD intake on it now. It has The TRD cat back exhaust.
    And it got 24 mpg. one a mostly two, with a few towns lane, trip.180 m;s one way.
    I can put 21 in the bank. This is an `06 Access cab 4.0L 1GR-FE.
    From what I have been reading; I should leave well enough alone.

Products Discussed in

To Top