Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Installation: Warranty Void?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Intake Installation: Warranty Void?

Anyone know if installing an intake void your factory warranty? What if you get toyota to install the intake for you would that void your warranty?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
It only voids it if they can prove something fails due to the intake.

For instance, the MAF sensor might fail if you use an oiled filter. I would say they would not warranty that.

Of course, you could always replace the factory filter with the aftermarket before you bring it in for service.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i have been hearing a lot of people mention that the engine maintenance light stays on as soon as they install their new intake. i am about to install it right now but wanted to find out about the warranty first. if it did void it then i would go and take it down to toyota so that they can install it.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know anything about the maintenance light.

I'm assuming you are planning on installing the TRD intake. Toyota won't take any responsibility for the intake if they didn't make it, they probably won't install it either.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #5

I got a Fujitsu Short Ram Intake. I haven't heard much good things about the TRD Cold Air Intake. Anyone show has the TRD CAI could you let me know your reactions on to your gains with that intake.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
Kevin296@adelphia.net is on a distinguished road
Kevin296@adelphia.net's Tacoma Gallery
You will see the most gains with a combo CAI ,Exhaust and most importantly a URD MAF Calibrator. I have the TRD CAI and I am happy with it, heard a lot of good things with the URD Cai. This is of course based on the butt dyno but all three upgrades makes a difference.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #7

after installing the fujita short ram intake today on my friends 2007 tacoma 4.0 V6 there were significant gains. you could hear the intake sucking from idol but as soon as you put the throttle on the intake jumps up in power around 3000 RPM. incredible sound and extremely throaty.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
spencer_hong is on a distinguished road
spencer_hong's Tacoma Gallery
It won't void the warranty unless you end up with some dicks at the dealer who will tell you it voided it. I've called 3 local dealerships and you can tell whos a good mechanic and whos an a-hole.

I was worried about the Maint. light, but that hasn't been a problem at all.

Keep the stock air intake though so you can always put it back in if they complain. I put my intake in myself, so I kept the old one just incase.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
JohnJ is on a distinguished road
JohnJ's Tacoma Gallery
CAI - Warranty

I have been calling around and talking to the Toyota Dealerships in my area and I am getting a lot of different answers. I've gotten everything from only Toyota products installed by Toyota dealers are authorized to.......Sure you can put on whatever product you want just as long as you return it to it's original state before being serviced to........It's all up to your Toyota Dealership. So, I think I am going to go with the TRD CAI and of course have them install so they can't say I did something wrong.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
I have been calling around and talking to the Toyota Dealerships in my area and I am getting a lot of different answers. I've gotten everything from only Toyota products installed by Toyota dealers are authorized to.......Sure you can put on whatever product you want just as long as you return it to it's original state before being serviced to........It's all up to your Toyota Dealership. So, I think I am going to go with the TRD CAI and of course have them install so they can't say I did something wrong.
That is BS. They have to prove that your modification caused the malfunction or failure.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #11
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Cai

I have been speaking with my service manager about URD and K&N for my 10,000 service. He never mentioned TRD. Toyota will install whatever we decide while they are at it so, there is no warranty issue here. My shop manual has yet to come so I don`t know what I am looking at.
It is a TRD Off Road, Perhaps it has the TRD intake on it now. It has The TRD cat back exhaust.
And it got 24 mpg. one a mostly two, with a few towns lane, trip.180 m;s one way.
I can put 21 in the bank. This is an `06 Access cab 4.0L 1GR-FE.
From what I have been reading; I should leave well enough alone.