Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Cold air intake

Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
CiCCaTRiCe is on a distinguished road
CiCCaTRiCe's Tacoma Gallery
Cold air intake

Hi everyone,,

I've checking out this site and decided to join..

I have a quick question I'm thinking about a cold air intake is it worth it? And if so a plastic or steel pipe..

Thanxs

CiCC
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
welcome...no matter what vehicle, i'd definately say plastic pipe over any form of metal.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
you might want to check out the true flow system as well
Old 11-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
My gut says a plastic, but I went ahead with the URD intake. The URD is metal, but the intake location is completely separated from the engine heat. I have not yet installed mine, but I hear that the real gains come from a combo of intake and the URD MAF Calibrator.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Don't believe URD makes one for our gen Taco.... With that said, check out the deckplate mod or elbow mod, same amount of power for just a few bucks.