Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Calibrate butt dyno

Old 06-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Calibrate butt dyno

Can someone explain to me the difference the butt dyno picks up between better throttle response and more horsepower. My truck has been driving incredibly smoothly recently with a bit more pep, but I want to know if it is due to more power, or better throttle response.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Butt dynos are a VERY unaccurate device. I have had many people think they had gains in their vehicles, only to find out that their vehicle LOST power, once it was thromn on the rollers. The only thing I have found, that the butt dyno can accurately gauge, is a fart....nothing more. They can even confuse a fart with a shit..They shoul dnot be trusted.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Butt dynos are a VERY unaccurate device. I have had many people think they had gains in their vehicles, only to find out that their vehicle LOST power, once it was thromn on the rollers. The only thing I have found, that the butt dyno can accurately gauge, is a fart....nothing more. They can even confuse a fart with a shit..They shoul dnot be trusted.
But the thing is I have backed off my driving habits. I take things real slow but the throttle is much peppier. I think tacoholic needs to recalibrate his...
Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
just blew up a butt dyno
X2...Well..not "Just now"......wait.....*grunting sounds...*.....Ok...I blew one.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X2...Well..not "Just now"......wait.....*grunting sounds...*.....Ok...I blew one.
i blew them all over the tux place and kohls a lil while ago!!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i blew them all over the tux place and kohls a lil while ago!!
Im...bloooowwwwwwwwwwwing.....ugh....a but dyno right..........Agh...Now..............Aaaaa
Old 06-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Im...bloooowwwwwwwwwwwing.....ugh....a but dyno right..........Agh...Now..............Aaaaa
i was wondering why my screen got all exploded looking and brown.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i was wondering why my screen got all exploded looking and brown.
Oh no...My Dyno is propperly calibrated...I can tell presisely when its a fart, and hen its a poo poo....Many times, I can even predict the violence of the fart or poop.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Oh no...My Dyno is propperly calibrated...I can tell presisely when its a fart, and hen its a poo poo....Many times, I can even predict the violence of the fart or poop.
my bad...........meant to say that was me.....i didnt even know it was coming?!!