Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

warranty on supercharger labor..

Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
TRON is on a distinguished road

TRON's Tacoma Gallery
warranty on supercharger labor..

Hello to all the TRD supercharger owners... i know the parts are included with the power train of the truck... but what is the proper warranty on the labor aspect when dealing with the toyota service department? they are telling me a year... i think it should be more than that...
Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRON View Post
Hello to all the TRD supercharger owners... i know the parts are included with the power train of the truck... but what is the proper warranty on the labor aspect when dealing with the toyota service department? they are telling me a year... i think it should be more than that...
It should be 5/60 and if you have an Platimum extended warranty with the SC added 7/100 or whatever mileage and years you chose.
Of course this is if the unit was installed by a Toyota dealer.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
warranty is 12 months or 12000 miles
Only if installed by the owner or place other than a Toyota dealer.
Toyota dealer install and you get the balance of the drivetrain warranty.

http://www.trdusa.com/warranty.cfm
Old 06-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
TRON is on a distinguished road

TRON's Tacoma Gallery
i think we are all in agreement that the "Parts Warranty" is included with the powertrain warranty....Yes, trdusa.com says this without question...

But my question is for the "Labor Warranty"....it seems there are many different answers on this.... and yes, the toyota dealership is installing it...
but iam getting anything from one year to the powertrain....

the dealership right now is only saying 12 months for there labor...
Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRON View Post
i think we are all in agreement that the "Parts Warranty" is included with the powertrain warranty....Yes, trdusa.com says this without question...

But my question is for the "Labor Warranty"....it seems there are many different answers on this.... and yes, the toyota dealership is installing it...
but iam getting anything from one year to the powertrain....

the dealership right now is only saying 12 months for there labor...
I believe the warranty would cover labor.
Call TRD and/or another Toyota dealer.
Labor on a replacement of a SC is low.
The initial install is different.
Reflash,plugs,injectors etc.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
How much does it cost from the dealer, all in?