Notices

Which Spark Plug?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
bawilson21 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Veteran
Name: Bryan
bawilson21's Tacoma Gallery
Which Spark Plug?

Hello all, Im trying to decide which spark plug I should use. I have a 2000 4x4 v6 Taco nearing the 90K mile mark and I wanted to replace the plugs. My question is this, does the plug matter? Ive heard different thoughts from people about this. Some say stay strickly to OEM, others say anything NGK, and I have this one guy saying the more money you pay the better. I dont think that last one is always the case but whatever.

Anywho, I do some light off-roading with my taco and drive it everywhere around town. The acceleration is nice to have but it really feels lacking right now. Anywho, what are you guys all running as far as plugs go?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
best plug = OEM
Old 06-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
NGK or Denso, it really doesn't matter, but whatever you get make sure you get the ones with the double electrode because they are what's required/recommended for the 5vz-fe, which is what you have.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
bawilson21 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Veteran
Name: Bryan
bawilson21's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. Ill just stick with OEM, that way, I really cant go wrong. =D Now to find someone to do it... or at least to watch over me so I dont break something.. pleh
Old 06-05-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It's really not that difficult to DIY. See links below for some tips.

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...ep3.html#plugs
http://www.4runners.org/writeups/sparkplugs/
Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawilson21 View Post
Thanks guys. Ill just stick with OEM, that way, I really cant go wrong. =D Now to find someone to do it... or at least to watch over me so I dont break something.. pleh
If you need help, and are in the Tempe area, let me know. I'll help ya.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you need help, and are in the Tempe area, let me know. I'll help ya.

THANKS again buddy!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
THANKS again buddy!