1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

catback exhaust systems

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 95.5taco, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jun 5, 2009 at 3:09 PM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    Hi I haven't been on here for awhile...anyways I have not bought my 2nd generation taco yet, still driving the other one but here is my question. What is the best bang for your buck, best hp and mpg increasing system out there. I have looked at Banks, MBRP, borla, TRD, JBA, Magnaflow, Gibson, etc but there is no real comparison site. The other thing is, they all claim some kind of number like hp increase at 5900 rpm or increased flow by 250% but I would like to know real numbers. If anyone has any input, it would surely be awesome and don't be afraid to be biast as I want the best system that I can get.

2. Jun 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Mods in Progress
    there are different styles depending on what you want.
    the best for performance gains being single exit 2.5" like the TRD, Magnaflow, etc. the Banks is a 3" pipe and loses a tad of low end power/ torque, nothing noticeable.
    the Flowmaster duals are badass lookin but loose a tad of low end power also.
    any power lose shouldn't be noticeable, especially if its countered with the gains of a good CAI

I just put a TRD on my truck because it gets the best power gains for this engine and its a 1 piece unlike the Magnaflow.

3. Jun 6, 2009 at 3:46 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Use the search button at the top blue bar.

Lots of threads about this already.

Products Discussed in

To Top